How did ya’all make thru the storm?

Y’all make it through okay? I had three days of rain and high wind, some hail and a tornado along the Tennessee border. Not much damage praise the Lord. I was telling my mom that I was glad I hadn’t made any hoop tunnels for the garden. They would’ve ended up a mile from here.

8 Likes

I am glad you and yours made t through OK.
Welcome back to us.

5 Likes

Thanks, life’s been busy for me these last few months, the better half found a new job, getting the garden beds made and prepped, starting seeds, doing research to see if/what I need to do to start a market garden, a new to me truck which I have to do body work on it. I don’t know how much time I will have to visit my friends here.

You, karakal and a few others make my day sometimes.

6 Likes

Back @ ya Brother.
We try our best to keep each other from going crazy during these…

Difficult times.
Stay Frosty ‘W’

6 Likes

We had 3 days of rain, sleet. 6in. of wet heavy snow and high winds. Some large branch’s
broke off the trees but no serious damage. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Just wait till Monday (April 8th) Boy’s!
You ain’t seen nuthin’ yet! …
Seriously, not much will happen.
Just a small Alien Invasion, the world will go dark,
the Oceans will rise up and smite humanity, the
swamp will be drained (now there’s a hope)
I used my tin foil hat for the dinner burrito’s so I am
back to reality now. (feels really weird)
Our huge Craft Show we’ve been working towards this
weekend has been cancelled yesterday we are expecting
ridiculous winds! (still waiting) so I have a day off again.
And (6) people didn’t want me to detail their cars this week if it
all goes to Hell, so here I am pestering you good people all day
sittin’ on my ass! I wish I didn’t give up Opioid’s!

8 Likes

Pretty sure the storm that hit the East the last few days was part of the one that gave us a bunch of wind and 7 or so inches of snow last weekend.

We have another wind event with a little snow hitting us right now. It’s been warm and sunny between the weekend storms so I have an appointment next week to swap out the snow tires for the summer tires on our family vehicle. Everyone should prepare for a late season blizzard as soon as I get them swapped over;)

4 Likes

Springtime here is usually incredibly windy. It was always a fight to keep the hoop houses from getting shredded. Growing some thick shrubs on the windward side helped a little. But my wife ended up building a super sturdy greenhouse that has endured the winds and heavy snows without any issues.

6 Likes

Browsing through YT I saw where people were putting up “wind fencing”. I didn’t watch them as I was looking for something else.

4 Likes