Home training

Ok everyone. This is my first post. Don’t shame me lol. But how many of y’all do home training. I trying to get some training at least twice a week. I have a G-Sight laser that goes into my Glock. I downloaded the app an set up a target in hallway. Great way to get your draws together. An even saving rounds an just better discipline an in the safety of your own home.

7 Likes

Welcome to the family and you are at the right place at the right time, carry on.

3 Likes

Thank you. I’ve been a member for about 2 months now an just never really got time to actually get on website

3 Likes

Well you will learn a lot here in this community just keep signing in and read the posts. I am sure you have had experiences in life and concealed carry we can learn from.

3 Likes

@TexasEskimo uses the GSight alot. I do dryfire and work on compacting my draw from home.

3 Likes

Yea definitely. I don’t get to go to range as much I want to so I do a lot of training at home.

3 Likes

I do several home training routines twice a week. I use snap caps for the ones that I feel it necessary to pull the trigger. Smooth is fast & keep that gun close to your chest before extending to fire. On the ground, I practice un-holstering & shooting at oblique angels. It may sound silly but I also practice shouting verbal commands. Neighbors probably think I’m a madman. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

I haven’t been able to train my home to do anything…

6 Likes

I’ll spend considerable time in the yard with a pellet rifle. Helps greatly with rimfire benchrest on Match Day.
As far as pistol goes, I have a laser on both my home defense and EDC. I often practice instinct pointing then engage the laser. I’m within 2" of my small targets more often that not. Something small like a door knob across the room.

5 Likes

There won’t be any shaming here, @Logan12!

I’d suggest searching the Community for “dryfire” drills and check those out! Also, since a log of ranges don’t allow for draw from a holster drills, I do a lot of those at home. :slight_smile:

Welcome!

4 Likes

@Logan12 I have been using the GSight system for over a year. I really feel it has helped tremendously. It fits in both of my 9mm Glocks. My only concern is having to reset the trigger by racking the slide after each shot. So what I incorporated into my drill is “getting off the X” after each shoot and moving away while racking the slide for the next shot.
Welcome to the community!

4 Likes

@TexasEskimo recommended the G-Sight system earlier to me and I bought it. I love it. It’s a great tool. I have the gen 3 9mm and waiting in the .223 to come out around next month. It’s really helped me improve my groupings, get better grip, and overall control.

Great suggestion @TexasEskimo. I have seen the dryfiremags for Glocks that eliminate the need to rack/reset. Worth a shot (pun intended). Not sure if you’ve already used them.

4 Likes

The biggest issue with the Dry Fire Mag is listed on their site. It does not work with laser bore type cartridges. For example, it will not coexist with the GSight system. So for the +$100 price I’ll just rack the slide each time.

3 Likes

I looked into them as well an can’t see spend $100+ just to eliminate racking the gun.

2 Likes

Oh, I didn’t realize that. Yeah it’s pricey.

2 Likes

@ScottH I was REALLY hoping it would work. I wanted it to! lol.

2 Likes

Yeah that would be sweet @TexasEskimo…and I was thinking about getting a Glock if it worked :grimacing:

2 Likes

Yeah, right. Glock doesn’t take Sigs in on a trade. Too many legal liability issues.
(You know you deserved that Scott. LOL.)

2 Likes

Hi @Logan12, welcome to the Community.

Hopefully ALL of US :thinking: :kissing: :smirk: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :slightly_smiling_face:

Laser is a great start.
Check other threads for dry-firing methods and you find out how much you can do and how fast you can improve your shooting.

1 Like

Lol touche. That’s been a long time coming :grin:

2 Likes