Home Defense Rounds?

Midway USA posted a pic on their Instagram of some shotgun ammo by Reaper, asking for opinions on home defense. I had never heard of these, and went to take a look. This product was a surprise:

Is it just me, or does anyone else think there’s a big potential for these getting someone into all sorts of trouble, whether they’re used in a defensive situation, or involved in a child’s accidental death or injury?

5 Likes

At $8.33 per round, I sure won’t be trying them!

11 Likes

Not a fan.

4 Likes

I am going to go out on a limb and assume that every miscreant has counted the potential cost associated with violating someone’s sovereignty by invading or breaking into their home, and further that they are prepared for whatever they may meet on the other side of the door, which includes possibly taking their lives to preclude getting caught or captured. That being said and assumed, why on earth would I want to load my defensive tools with anything less than that which is lethal? I’m not trying to maim an assailant only to have them file suit against me later. Otherwise, I should use a stick, or maybe even a hatchet, but not anything that’s rubber.

4 Likes

It’s like using an air pistol that shoots plastic BBs for home defense. No thanks, I’ll pass.

2 Likes