Help me choose what to buy

@James

Rock Island Armory M5.

Technically there would still be 2. Winchester 1897 from my grandfather as he was growing up.

Make that 3, Midland Backpack.

1 Like

Wanna really deter someone? Carry a composite bow and quiver of arrows. :wink:

1 Like

@Orpackrat, yeah, Iā€™d get rid of that pump, because it probably costs just a little less to get a field barrel for it than a quality used 870 or a mossberg 500. That Winchester 1897 is definitely on my list to buy. I saw one recently with the WW1 bayonet. The custodians at the gunshow had to mop up my droolā€¦ The backpack gun is definitely pretty cool as well. Great for keeping in a car, or in a B.O.B.

@James

For backpack, well, the Midland Backpack, biggest flaw, its so light, it gives a solid kick.

Other desinated for my backpack outings, depending on what im doing but a Heritage Rough Rider in .22wmr, the AR7 or 10/22 takedown with magpull stock, and that midland.

The herritage and the midland are the 2 regulars, rifles depend on the outing.

1 Like

Yeah the one thing Iā€™ve learned about survival/backpack guns are theyre bulky in odd places, light, and generally single shot. But if you were using them if you were stranded, wellā€¦ the nice thing is the midland is a 12 gauge, which in my opinion is the most versatile hunting gun, everything from doves to bears, all you gotta have is the correct shell.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I started with my Remington pump.

Thank you everyone, I got sick, was forced to take a sick day, and went to the coast for some fresh salt air and picked up some steelā€¦ Well, Aluminum and suchā€¦received_2371774046378648

Will be adding some of your suggestings to my list for later special occasions this year.

3 Likes

Nice looking gun, dude! Do you want the FFL dealer number of my gun shop now or in a few days?

1 Like

Lol, be easier to have your dealer order oneā€¦ those 19rd mags are so big, shipping would be crazy.

Oh donā€™t worry, Iā€™d pay shipping. Just want to borrow itā€¦ :smirk:

Iā€™m really jealous, and I donā€™t get jealous too much anymore. Thatā€™s a sweet gun.

1 Like

@James lol, its a hot item, I got the last one in stock at the store (owner put it aside for me), he was taking pictures of it to send to the many people calling to try and get oneā€¦

Funny hearing the owner tell the callers the last one was already takenā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen the AR style of shotgun before and they have been so tempting. I donā€™t know much about shotguns, so I find what I like, sift through the reviews and decide. My last shotgun was an 1887 lever action replica.

Ive seen th AR platform Shotguns as well, price, looks, etc they were never tempting enough to buy.

This one was different, reading up on it plus the reviews, i was sold. The action the M5 i had was smooth, this VR80, the reviews on the this beauty, smooth and a floating no resistance feel. Got a $110 trade in credit on my M5 which is what i was after, was out $605. Got the VR80, a 19rd mag, 50rds 00Buck and 50rd rifled slugs.

For a smaller gun store, only about $60 in markup on the VR80 and extra mag. Im rather happy, got a hold on the next 19rd and two 9rd msgs that come in.

2 Likes

One of my favorite handguns, out of all of my competition guns, is my old school S&W 4516-1, itā€™s in brushed nickel, single/double, single stack .45, itā€™s all metal, has no plastic on it at all, she shoots very well and itā€™s my dress gun,(if Iā€™m wearing a suit and tie) I wear a shoulder holster with2 mag-pouches attached to the weak hand side. They are very difficult to find, and parts are harder to find, but once you have one alltuned in, itā€™s a hard gun to beat, I absolutely love that gun and will never part with it. They go for about $350.00-$400.00 if you can find one. Iā€™m a big fan of S&W products, I am a firm believer that they are about the best bang for your buck in the firearms industry.

Your sick day looks like a lot more fun than my sick day did, @Orpackrat!

Mine involved a lot of Kleenex and cough drops. :frowning: Iā€™d much prefer yours!

Orpackrat, I have a MKA-1919 itā€™s a 12 gauge thatā€™s identical to the A-2 M-16, itā€™s made in Turkey and mine is the first generation model, a lot of people have troubles with theirs, I took mine apart and did some serious polishing inside, she is flawless now, low brass, high brass, makes no difference now, you do have to keep them very clean, and itā€™s one of those guns that you can over-oil them, thatā€™s kind of rare, but thereā€™s a few guns out there that you can really over oil.

1 Like

I prefer my origin 12. Great gun. Local company for me. GOOGLE ā€œWORLDS FASTEST SHOTGUNā€ . Starts at about $1800.00 and then add the ECO TRIGGER. Hand down the baddest shotgun I have ever shot! An absolute blast to shoot. Would love to own the drum, but thatā€™s the price of another gun. Would rather buy another gun, for that price.

1 Like