Health issues

Well I haven’t been able to do much shooting. A while ago I fell out of my work vehicle. Pulled left shoulder out of socket when I grabbed steering wheel. Should have settle for bruised pride.
Granted I can shoot left or right. But how many new to self defense can do that?
I suggest you practice with other hand, and find someone to teach you awkward self defense gun handling.
For example a story I read about when a elderly oerson was assaulted and shoved to the ground. He was able to get his pistol out , while laying on stomach . With head turned and gun in hand was able to get assailants off of him by shooting one.
We are getting older you must learn new techniques to defend yourself.

11 Likes

I was much older then, I am younger than that now.
Hope the shoulder heals quickly.

3 Likes

Keep on livin’ Every day on this side of the grass is a gift.

5 Likes

The worst is Dr took away pain meds before surgery. Started the 10th til day of surgery on the 17th. Its only day 2 and my body is screaming.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping you get relief from your pain, and that your surgery goes well.
Good advice on being skilled at weak hand shooting and shooting from awkward positions, it could save your life.

2 Likes

Surgery went well , pain is 8 to 9 level. 3 out of 4 tendon reattached. Rotator cuff reconstructed. 2 plus months rehabilitation. But I shoot right handed.
One of my co-hunting instructors will be using my private range for self defense training. Gives me time to think up automated targets.

5 Likes

I PRAY RIGHT NOW FOR YOU TO GET SOME RELEAF AND BE ABLE TO STAND THE PAIN AND TO GET THE PAIN MEDICINE THAT YOU NEED IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER OF LIGHTS PEACE BE UNTO YOU IN THE NAME OF THE PRINCE OF PEACE Almen :owl::feather::feather::heart::100::100::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::us::chile:

2 Likes

Brother I truly feel for you I had got both knees taken out and an I had A famous surgeon who would not give me pain medicine and he replaced my right knee and he had to Take all the meniscus. Out of my left knee and my shoulder was blown apart and I promise I was screaming and just begging them to just turn down the . Machine that was moving my leg and bending it and they put me out but would not Hook me on OPIATES!! And I HAD DESTROYED MY A.C.L. And I was hurting so bad . So DOCTORS WILL NOT UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH YOU ARE . HURTING AND THEY WORRY MORE ABOUT GETTING IN TROUBLE THAN YOUR PAIN. Because of the OXYCONTIN . Epidemic. When that crap came out big Pharma was telling Doctors that they had the answer and it was being HANDED OUT LIKE CANDY AND . NOW . We can just HURT . It’s a mess I HAVE PRAYED FOR ALL THE PAIN TO BE BEARABLE . I TRUELY KNOW THE PAIN THAT YOU ARE IN MY HART GOES OUT TO YA TRULY . WE SHOULD GET THIS PAIN MEDICINE PROBLEM FIXED . I HAD TO GET MY RIGHT HAND PUT BACK TOGETHER AND I WAS AT THE WOUND CLINIC AND THEY WOULD PICK OUT THE BAD SCAB AND WHIRLPOOL IT AND REPACK MY HAND WITH GAUZE AND MEDICINE TO KEEP IT FROM DRYING OUT AND I ALMOST LOST MY LIFE NOT JUST MY HAND I TRULY WISH YOU THE BEST . PAIN AND ME HAVE BECAME FRIENDS . WE NEVER GO ANYWHERE WITH OUT EACH OTHER . Best wishes to be very sure Bobby Jean :owl::feather::feather::us::chile::100::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::heart::heart:

get a decent “pain doctor”. I have war injuries from the vietnam fiasco and I’ve had 3 doctors in two state (I moved) that have taken care of me and prescribed demoral which I seem to “tolerate real well”. I take maybe a 1/2 a pill a week. Hydrocodone keeps me awake for like 2 weeks straight, Percocet makes me projectile vomit. Oxycodone does NOTHING for me, might as well eat M&M’s. A real pain doctor will take care of you.
I FIRED about 4 doctors where I moved to here in TX for “Not Listening” or being very “condescending” etc.

3 Likes

Take a shot of wild Turkey just before bedtime and another if still awake in twenty minutes . Love Bobby Jean :owl::feather::feather::chile::us::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::o: