Happy Birthday Air Force!

Happy 73rd birthday to the United States Air Force!

Do you know somebody who currently serves in or is a veteran of the U.S. Air Force?

24 Likes

Happy Birthday! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::sparkler::sparkler::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday:

7 Likes

Where would we be without the Air Force. :birthday: :clap: :boom: :us:

7 Likes

Happy Birthday US AF !

Friend on mine. He was in Germany for 4 years.
He sent me this T-shirt in the first year… I love it !

6 Likes

Happy Birthday Air Force, don’t mind my sibling rivalry.

14 Likes

A few years ago, we had the opportunity to perform some work as a contractor at the fire department of one of our Air Force bases. We were literally parked off of the flight line, but told if we crossed a yellow line we would be hauled and handcuffed. Two days of solid flying were taking place as we completed our tasks. The jets were rattling our work trailer and tools, and we had to wear ear protection. The sight, sound, and smell of aircraft is exhilarating. Chilling that we, AMERICANS, are being protected. We are grateful for the honor, to work at OUR Air Force bases.

A little short story…many moons ago, I was one of a few civilians that had the opportunity to fly a EA2B Prowler simulator with a Navy pilot. My many thanks for that opportunity.

Our many thanks and appreciation to those that serve and have served! Again, our prayers for the wounded and those that have died for OUR freedom!!!

6 Likes

Missile combat crew commmander, early ‘70s

7 Likes

So Happy Birthday @Chris3 :tada:

4 Likes

On our journey for firearms training, began with a retired Air Force veteran, that also builds our moving target system for training. Our training counselor, in the USCCA journey, to obtain our USCCA instructor’s, was also an Air Force vet. Our many thanks to those vets!

4 Likes

To all those current and former air force veterans, every other branch still holds resentment for you for having the nicest bases and most amenities. From a personal point of view, when ever I had to visit an Air Force base, it was like Christmas. Every restaurant I could hope for, every store had endless things to buy…heck, even the dining halls served better food than most high end restaurants I know.

In short, I hate you but thank you for your luxurious service. :wink:

6 Likes

Happy Birthday Air Force! For those who have passed through the buildings of Lackland Airforce base in San Antonio, Texas, Thank You for your service!!!

8 Likes

Just got off the phone with my son, he was on his way to the celebration on his base :+1:

5 Likes

Active Duty AF 1976 - 1996…Weapons Instructor …Later called Combat Arms Instructor. Other than being a fighter pilot it was the best job in the AF…IMO

6 Likes

YEP! We had it made. I loved every minute of my 20 years in the AF. However, I always wanted to spend some time aboard an Aircraft Carrier. :+1:

6 Likes

My grandfather changed branches from Army to Air Force and always used to say that it was a culture shock. PT used to be an hour of running and other activities but once he switched, Air force PT was walking to the chow lines. :wink:

I’m only teasing out of jealousy. Had I been smarter, I probably would have joined the air force instead of the army. Sadly, I was a glutton for punishment. At least I didn’t join the marines though…JK Marines!

5 Likes

Hey…it’s not our fault you didn’t score higher on your ASVAB and have a choice… :wink:

4 Likes

You’ve clearly never seen a reflective pass by Solo’s 1&2…

And your photo angle of your bluebirds doesn’t show the true 40ft between them…

Thunderbirds son…Thunderbirds!!!

5 Likes

Thank you Dawn…we don’t feel a day over 25… :slight_smile:

Pics of my second birthplace…

8 Likes

My brother went to the Academy - class of '93.

7 Likes

Uh oh…I probably hazed… er um “trained”… him…Class of '92…what Squadron?

5 Likes