Handgun and Rifle?

God, I love America!

5 Likes

Stop it, it is a family site! :laughing:

2 Likes

I use both a handgun and rifle for home defense, with multiple handguns around the house in each room ready to go. I make sure the AR is near me in whichever room I happen to be in so it travels.

1 Like

This is off topic however do you ever worry that they can be used against you while youā€™re out & about?

1 Like

Honestly no. I think this way ā€¦ any weapon you have on you or not can be used against you. You have to know how to use your weapon regardless and train with it to have it not be taken from you anyway, and to use it properly to have said advantage it provides. Further, the entry points in my house are known by my family, and I donā€™t have weapons too near to them. On top of that, the weapons are staged and not visible but fairly hidden. One would either have to know exactly where they are or rummage the house before finding one. In that scenario, if I am home, and say it was night and we are sleeping, and you have broken in and are rummaging, I am well within my legal right to outright defend my life against you thanks to my stateā€™s laws. If Iā€™m awake, you are not getting in to rummage anyway before being met with force. In the scenario where Iā€™m not home and you rummaged and found one, well, again Iā€™m well within my right to defend my life against you when I come home. It would be no different than encountering a person on the street threatening me with a weapon it would be a 50/50 chance anyway if they know how to use the weapon. If not, again Iā€™m not worried. I have training, experience, and shoot every weak without fail, with drills. So, in a nutshell, nope not worried at all.

1 Like

Hmmmm long answer for a short question Mr Wick.

4 Likes

Yep whatever you have on hand! But myself I have a handgun and shotgun both available at my bedside. By the bedroom door I have my coyote rifle read for the four legged predators (will work on two legged as well)

4 Likes

I always keep a pencil handyšŸ˜€

2 Likes

Thatā€™s only for target posts.lol

2 Likes

An Alarm system goes a long wayā€¦ If they donā€™t think the 105 decibel siren will wake anyone and keep coming, My Weimaraner and a Rhodesian Ridgeback will surely make them think twice especially since a 45 will be backing them up,

2 Likes

I plan to use a pistol. Itā€™s easier to lock up, in a close location, but most importantly, I am more confident with manipulating a running a pistol.

Iā€™m a pistol guy, I like the rifles, and Iā€™m working to get just as comfortable with those, but I love pistol shooting. I get to shoot pistols not, and I spend more time with them. If I were in a home defense situation in my house, Iā€™d want a pistol. If I owned a mansion, Iā€™d probably take the rifle :grin:.

1 Like

Pistol, .45

3 Likes

I primarily use a handgun, specifically a Glock 19 Gen5 with a RMR and weapon light for home defense but I also have multiple long guns for use as backup if the situation demands it.

2 Likes

If I have to jump out of bed when something goes ā€œCRASHā€ in the night, Iā€™ll have a pistol in my hand.

If I have to retreat to a room at one end or the other of my house, I have a rifle with full magazines (or clips, depending on which end of the house Iā€™m on) and a sharp bayonet, just in case. But I donā€™t keep a rifle at the ready in my bedroom; too many curious children running around.

Kind of wish I had a shotgun, but Home 6 has other priorities.

No one above is wrong. Iā€™ve just been conditioned that a pistol is a tool one uses to get to a rifle. I can learn some new tricks but itā€™s getting harder and harder to unlearn old tricks.

1 Like

2 Likes

Just a suggestion, a Mossberg Maverick, or a Savage/Stevens(320 I think) can be have very inexpensively. And they are reliable, great shotguns.

1 Like

Itā€™s not the pricetag, itā€™s the hoarding.

2 Likes

if we hear that unknown sound in the night, on my side o the bed Iā€™ll be moving with my G19.
the wife on hers will have her Sig P365. weā€™ll both probably be moving across the hall where the bigger guns live.
Iā€™ve had a Rem 1100 12 ga for several years. itā€™s loaded with 00 buck - cuz thatā€™s what the guy at the LGS suggested.
(but I could begin stocking other shot sizes to use instead.) and we just got our 1st AR in 5.56 that is also in the same room with the Remington. (the AR isnā€™t so much for HD as it is just to have one before they get outlawed, if they do. but since itā€™s there, it will be ready for action.)

2 Likes

Handgun, rifle, shotgun, katana, kukri, tomahawk, pool cue and whatever else is on hand.

2 Likes