Good bad example!

You can back off and just let the person go ahead, change lanes if there are more than 2. Speed up to the next exit and exit. There are quite a few strategies to employ to determine a real threat before spraying the road with bullets.

4 Likes

About 1:12 in the video.

I-95 in Florida. Pretty sure there are plenty of exits.

3 Likes

Yes, highways have exits. Did you see any during the short time the events occurred? I am curious as to what he saw that made him grab his firearm. That is something the video of him reacting does not show. He also did not appear to have an emotional reaction that would initiate violence.

I watched the video a couple of times. As I stated, I did not see him use his brakes.

Yeah concerned after he ā€œbrake checkedā€ the other car and waited with pistol in hand and started shooting way to soon.

Iā€™ll buy it. :joy:

2 Likes

Of course your options on the highway are limited! Especially if you are driving with your kids in the back, unsuspecting, and all of a sudden a bullet goes through your car. I drive with my kids on I95. You got to be kidding me finding excuses for this idiot.
This is a clear case of a Man-from-Florida. Lock him up!

2 Likes

We only have this video, who on this thread knows the entire story? I am not finding excuses, I just do not see where condemning him without all the facts is helpful. We all know not to do what this man did for obvious reasons. I canā€™t imagine he started his day with the idea that he was going to be shooting a handgun on the highway. If he did, would he have it locked in a safe?

I will wait until more information is made public to try to understand what was happening and what he was thinking at the time. I recall another thread condemning me for stating that police training/policies should be re-evaluated, claiming I was judging the officers that killed an innocent man during a ā€œno knockā€ warrant raid. Now here, without any information, other than a video clip, this guy is guilty in your eyes. So much for your Christian ideals.

Make no mistake. I am not making excuses for this guy. What he did was without cause. No reason for it.

Religion has zero to do with it.

4 Likes

The religious aspect has nothing to do with that individual, but with those attacking me personally in this thread because I do not want to declare him guilty until the facts are made public. As I stated earlier, it reminds me of the treatment Kyle Rittenhouse received in posts on this site.

You do agree there are obvious reasons. They are in the video - firing recklessly, from moving vehicle to another moving vehicle, and I95 is very busy at all hours. Chance of him hitting innocent people was very high, thank Heavens it didnā€™t happen. I donā€™t care if he was shot at, he canā€™t return fire in a crowd.

3 Likes

Wow, just wow. Thatā€™s shocking. :astonished: A water bottle and he opens fire? I suppose that mistake could be made, but to the point of most people on here, randomly firing while driving is just, well, criminal.

4 Likes

Yes, that is what I stated.

Dave, I mean no disrespect. If there is time to brake check some one and draw your weapon in preparation for whatā€™s coming, there is time to avoid the conflict.

4 Likes

I did not see a ā€œbrake checkā€, but I do not see where that is relevant. I have repeatedly stated that I do not agree with what he did. Not likely anyone here would do such a thing.

1 Like

Agreed

2 Likes

Indeed, ā€œso whatā€. Someone threw a water bottle at carā€¦so what? Hardly cause for turning I95 into your personal shooting gallery. Point was, I, for a brief moment didnā€™t know what it wasā€¦sounded like a darn cannon.

1 Like

Just got this email.

4 Likes

Educational opportunity of a lifetime. Ouch.
ā€œSign up today and get two cheeks for the price of one!ā€

3 Likes

I try to limit my procurement of SPAM to Walmart!

2 Likes

That looks like it should be a meme. The guy has his finger on the trigger while still in his pants. I donā€™t want their training.

3 Likes

How to drive without using your gun!

Both hands on the wheel 10 & 2.

3 Likes