Glock 43X for Conceal Carry

Hello all. New to USCCA and the forum. Have several handguns and have been shooting for years.

I currently carry a Sig P232 stainless as my conceal carry firearm. Am considering adding/switching to the G43X and would love to hear people’s impressions.

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

I do not own one. I personally would get a glock 43 and then if you want the extra rounds buy mag extenders. That gives you the option to have a shorter butt to the gun. The butt is really long on the 43X That being said, you can’t go wrong with a glock. (I do not own one, I only know from videos and looking at picture comparisons. Take my advice with a grain of salt).

4 Likes

I have shot the 43 and it is a excellent weapon. That said, I prefer the grip of the regular sized glocks.

2 Likes

I’m not Glock fan, but I’m following Glock’s lovers stories…
If you don’t want to stay with SIG line, G-43x is a great choice. :ok_hand:

I trust few people and their opinions, and this guy is one of them:

2 Likes

I just started carrying a Glock 43X. My previous carry weapon was a 43. I like the larger grip size on the 43X (I have larger hands), and I shoot the 43X a little more accurately than the 43 - and this was from the very first time I handled the 43X. For some reason, the 43X is more comfortable to carry (under my offside arm in a, UnderTech UnderCover undershirt) than the 43. It might be because of where the end of the magazine/grip ends up now.

5 Likes

I was thinking about a 43 for the longest time!

2 Likes

I’m somewhat of a newbie and don’t have much experience with firearms that AREN’T Glocks. That said, I really enjoy the 43X! I actually had a G26 and loved shooting it, but found it a bit uncomfortable to carry. I’m fairly thin so unless I want to start wearing larger clothing, width plays a pretty big role in comfort and conceal-ability. I ended up getting the 43X instead and it’s noticeably more comfortable to carry (which equals me carrying more often!). The G19-length frame makes it incredibly comfortable in-hand.

I realize I’ve written the word comfort far too many times… but you get my point. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks all. Just went to my local shop and picked up the last 43X they had in stock. Apparently there is a nationwide back order from Glock.

Looking forward to hitting the firing range.

5 Likes

Awesome! I noticed glocks were missing over a week ago (I wanted to hold a 43 so that would hopefully hate it and never want a glock :joy:, but they didn’t have one), you should feel lucky after what’s going on right now.

2 Likes

Carried a Glock for years. The 43X is my EDC.

3 Likes

I was going to get one, untill I found the sig saur p365.

4 Likes

:joy:
@Brian1… do not start another war :wink:

siglock

3 Likes