Girsan MCP 35 PI first impressions

Finally figured out the problem with my new Girsan. It was not busted but thanks to poorly drawn instructions it made it seem it was. Oh well.
This pistol is the shorter version of the Browning Hi Power. But its well made and very solid. And its heavy. The finish is very good for the price ( 525.00 without tax). No rattles. It only comes with one 15 round mags but since it takes standard Hi Power mags getting more doesnt seem to be an issue. Trigger is good and the safety is on both sides and are very easy to work. The sights are 2 white dot rear and one white dot front. It really works well.
It will not fire without a mag but there are fixes for that if you desire. The mag does drop free though which I was told wouldnt happen.
I imagine the solid steel construction will help tame the recoil. I will know after I get a few mags thru it.
It fits very well in my hand. Even the clerks at the gun store said it was a very comfortable fit.
Next range day will be very interesting. Cant wait to shoot this thing.

1 Like

I have a Hi Power that I carried in the 1970s. It’s a nice firearm. Carried it so much that I’ve reblued mine at least twice and the last refinish is a Ceracoat job. The last modification I made was a set of SFS springs from BHSpringsSolutions.

1 Like

They are a great place for mags and all things Hi Power.