Get home pack of all things!

Keep in mind that is not the time for complacency. Dig like you’re searching for gold. You usually only hear about the shallow graves for a reason. FYI.

4 Likes

Yes!

Similarly to not leaving your garage opener in your vehicle (locked or not) outside overnight…the door from your attached garage to your home is an exterior door treat it as such. Secure, locked, always.

Getting into your garage should not automatically grant turn-the-knob access to your house

4 Likes

Having a garage to park in would be nice!

3 Likes

Now that is the weird part, I have a camera pointed at my vehicle and the camera was never activated. The camera works but I did not get any record of it!

2 Likes

That’s why I said 24/7 :wink:

IMO surveillance cameras need to record 24/7. I have yet to use or talk to a user of a “records only on motion” camera that they are happy with and truly catches everything (I think it’s not possible)

Get something that plugs in to power and records 24/7. We use Nest

If you got no record of it, the camera doesn’t work

3 Likes

Good and valid point, thank you!

2 Likes

Yes Sir, I agree

I am VERY grateful that I have a Garage to store my Cars in.
And because that is so I also understand it is a weak point in my Home defense.
So I protect it. I was fortunate to have a contractor that had a Steel fire door for sale
he framed to fit between my garage and my kitchen. Rebar hooks took care of the doors itself.
It’s like I said Crim’s can still get in, I just make it harder for them so hopefully they move on
without to much damage to my home. Mostly bad people just want the quick hit and run
I try not to give them the opportunity.
As for your Break in it boggles the mind how they do hit us and either it’s not recorded on camera’s or they just get lucky and take full advantage of an opening. These people can just run a stolen car through a store window or take a hammer to a home window or display case and run away w. $1000’s of dollars in Merch… It’s crazy these days.
I just pray the pendulum just swings back to normal some day but sometimes I wonder…

2 Likes

I have a USCCA on both vehicles and the camper lol. but never had a problem., But thenI mounted the decals on a extra magnetic vent cover, that way I can remove then whenever I need too.

1 Like

I have my USCCA, I also have PSA, FPC, NRA, CTD, GOA, M, SG, CNC, among others! I think that may have made the difference!!

Funny I have plenty of pro gun stickers on the hood of my car. It’s hasn’t been broken into yet. I never ever store guns in my car. The last thing I want is someone who steals my car and I give the perp a gun to go with it.
Sorry about the loss of your knives. That is why I never leave anything in my car that I care about losing
The car safe is a great idea for those times your not allowed to defend yourself.

1 Like

If you had stickers with socks, baby food, and a $6 power bank someone would steal your car since Walmart locks all that stuff up.:grinning:

2 Likes

That is so funny if it wasn’t true :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

We live out in the country but our cars are always locked. Leaving a car unlocked just seems like an invitation for some dirtbag to take whatever they want.

4 Likes

That’s the world we live in. House reps are blaming the GOP for the KC shooting already. It only takes once just one time to let your guard down and important things are taken. Life is non replaceable. Check the local pawn shops they may have sold them there. Good luck.

3 Likes

We recently had our car broken into when staying at a hotel in Columbia SC. The thief’s hit a whole row of cars. Their MO was to break the driver window, jump into the cab, and rifle through the center console and glovebox looking for guns, cash, etc. I had a gun with me (not left in car), but I also had a portable gun lockbox (empty) chained under the passenger seat. The thieves didn’t even find that. But I agree that it’s never a good idea to leave valuables in your car.

7 Likes