Friday Fun: Favorite Local Restaurant?

Right now it’s a balmy 43 - but there’s supposed to be rain off and on tonight and through the weekend.

I did ride on Wednesday when it was 52. :slight_smile: A few extra layers and I’m good to go when they suns out at about 45/50 depending on the wind.

3 Likes

Kopp’s… oh my stomach aches from the thought of how much food they give you!@Randall318, I’ll have to hit you up when we go to NOLA. It’s on the list for this year if we ever get out of safer at home :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well @Dawn - It is a balmy 39 deg. in Alpena right now and a quite nice 88 deg here in Palm Bay Fl. I would like some of your rain. It is so dry here, and we have so much pollen in the air it is not funny. Stay safe and stay healthy.

5 Likes

Jealous of the them, not of the pollen! :wink:

4 Likes

@Lacy Jack Stacks is good… most definitely the Martin City location… others just do not seem to be quite the same level of excellence

I forgot another genre… fried chicken and chicken livers … Strouds just off Vivian Road and I-35

5 Likes

People that are into Pizza (its kinda my thing, I really, really, really like Pizza. did I mention I like Pizza?) … there is an excellent Pizza place going up the North Shore drive in Minnesota at Two Harbors called Do North Pizza, unique style crust but very very good.

And if you get up to Grand Marais, there is an awesome seafood spot called Dockside Fish Market, very well priced and great food.

If you are into sweets then on your way up the North Shore stop in at Great Lakes Candy Kitchen at Knife River. Awesome caramels and chocolates. There is also a great little restaurant across the road if it is still there. They serve 1919 root beer on the tap. It’s awesome.

3 Likes

@Jerzees imagine… New Orleans cuisine all over the state! I have a friend in Alabama that has traveled most of the U.S. who claims there is no food, truly like, Louisiana’s. When asked why his answer was, “They don’t season it.” :joy: :rofl:

@Dawn, sounds great! You will have fun on Bourbon, Make sure you get a frozen daiquiri and meet a few folks! I’ll get you one with another for the freezer when that time comes/

4 Likes

My favorite Louisville restaurant is The Blind Squirrel, right down the street for Shoot Point Blank range. The Squirrel has a great selection of beers, great food and some great entertainment. And did I mention it is right down the street from the range. I will often stop at the Squirrel after friends and I get together to toss some lead down range.

4 Likes

Motorcyclist?

5 Likes

Not a big fan of eating out. Look for non-GMO and organics and as little processed as possible, so it limits the eating out.

Considering the current situation… with the Covid-19… , well let’s go back… we have the flu, and over 23K have died. WASH YOUR HANDS is very important… and if we must still teach people to WASH THEIR HANDS now during the Covid-19 virus issue… do we really want to eat at any restaurant… do they really WASH THEIR HANDS ???

Just an observation.

4 Likes

Not sure it is still open… but the ‘Crabby Oyster’ in King George county on 301 was excellent. It has been about 14 years since I have been there… I try to avoid anything north of Rt 60 anymore.

4 Likes

Parker John’s BBQ in Kiel, WI. ElCamino in Kiel or Palenque in Sherwood when I’m up for Mexican (both very good, aproved by my ex-FIL, who’s Mexican). Sat or Sun lunch is often the Hamburger Haus in Dundee (great ride through the Kettles to get there!), unfortunately it will be a few weeks yet before they open for the year.

4 Likes

Yup! 2009 Harley Heritage :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve got a restaurant for you in Wisconsin: http://cafemanna.com/

AMAZING food - and I’m not big on vegetarian. Locally sourced and organic for the most part!

4 Likes