Food, Energy, Water

6 Likes

Weā€™re not going to make it! Guess if we donā€™t act soon, our grandkids wonā€™t make it, unless they know something we donā€™t!
I was in the wrong profession, I shouldā€™ve been a chicken/egg smuggler when it was legal!
What could the unintentional consequences of being a black market egg dealer be? Tactical egg smuggling garments?
This movie just keeps getting better and better! :popcorn::cup_with_straw::popcorn:

ā€œEGGSIGENT CIRCUMSTANCESā€
In theaters July 2023

6 Likes

I laughed when my nephews job description was ā€œChicken Catcherā€, he would literally run the chickens down and put them in cages to be loaded onto trucks. He was making $15.00 dollars an hour for catching chickens. Who would have thought. A young kidā€™s job, I am sure. :rofl:

6 Likes

It would be interesting to know what the yearly average number of fires at food processing and production plants has been over the last several decades compared to the last couple of years. I suspect fires are more common than people would think.

I worked at an ice cream factory in my younger years. You wouldnā€™t think of fires as something to worry about at an IC factory but we spent a chunk of time every year training to put them out. The machines could overheat, there were lots of lubricants stored in bulk. Even some of the natural flavorings in 50 gallon barrels were a potential fire hazard. At other factories flour, grain and sugar dust can burn or even explode. There are all sorts of things that can go wrong in an industrial setting.

So Iā€™m not so sure if we suddenly have more food industry disasters or if it is just the news media suddenly deciding to cover them. Regardless I do think we are in for some significant food shortages over the next couple years for a variety of other reasons. Our energy infrastructure is also aging and inadequate. And clean drinking water is becoming a rare commodity in many parts of the world. So I do see a lot of reasons to be concerned.

5 Likes

Remember when we were the land of plenty? :no_entry_sign: :fried_egg: :no_entry_sign: :chicken: :no_entry_sign: :cow2: :no_entry_sign: :zap: :no_entry_sign::gun: :no_entry_sign: :heavy_dollar_sign: :no_entry_sign: :ok_hand: :no_entry_sign::statue_of_liberty:&:balance_scale: for all.

5 Likes

No green water guns? Thatā€™s badā€¦ :rofl:

2 Likes

Well, there arenā€™t any AR15 emojisā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah, I was just teasingā€¦ Closest I can find: ļø»ā”»ā”³ā•ā•ā”äø€

https://emojidb.org/gun-emojis

2 Likes

This day and time I dont think I could catch a chicken :us:

2 Likes

Nor me Brother, at least not without a shotgun. :rofl:

3 Likes

You sure got that right . I remember my Grannie catching them and wringing their necks. Older folks of the past could sure get the job done :us: My Grandpa used to say we were getting wiser and weaker :us:

2 Likes

Mine would say ā€œtoo old too soon, too late too smartā€. :thinking:

2 Likes

Mom is 84, Iā€™m 62 and we trapped one that got out between the coop and a fence. Be smarter than the bird.

2 Likes

What I found that works really well was a large fishing net, even it they run ahead of you can throw it horizontally and drop it over them. Works for cats, dogs and coons also. :raccoon:

2 Likes