Headlines and News Stories

“Washington County Sheriff’s deputies were assisting Utah Highway Patrol troopers”

This is an example of how Headlines are often misleading. The Headline CLEARLY says UHP Troopers but in the article it say Washington County Sheriff’s Deputies. Looks like a small thing but watch out, this happens a lot just to shape the opinion of those that will scan headlines and not actually do a little research.

6 Likes

Proofreading is racist.

4 Likes

Never Mind, They Changed it now. Wonder how many Mike270’s they got?

6 Likes

5 :star:Thread

2 Likes

Proofreading is patriarchy.

4 Likes

If you live near a Food Processing Plant…

1 Like

From our neighbor to the Nort…

Hope ya all are prepping for this. I live in a Farmers Market community and am growing some of my own food but it seems to me someone is out to destroy our food supply. :thinking:

2 Likes

This video names and numbers the destruction of food processing plants in North America for 2021 and 2022, (U.S. and Canada). The number is starting to become very suspicious. :thinking:

2 Likes

It is suspicious though coincidences can happen. Also sometimes the number of cases can be normal but the headlines just start following the clickbait trend and suddenly everyone thinks there is a new problem. Not saying that’s the case here.

Either way the food supply was in significant trouble this year before the fires.

2 Likes

Not sure the problem is proofreading. I think it is more the drive to be first to print (damn the facts and full speed ahead).

4 Likes

It wasn’t a serious comment, more a reflection of present day society, as we are led to believe. I do include facts in my assessment of what constitutes proofreading…and there seems to be none these days. Misspelled misinformation.

2 Likes

I am sorry to say but as of today over 12 food factories have been completely destroyed by fire.:fire: and three train cars have been derailed with tons of frozen food items which naturally have been destroyed also. In the Military, we use 2 call this “Sabotage”. I don’t know what to call it today other than “pure evil”.:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

:thinking: I have been watching also, if it’s not fire’s it’s job loss, and now fuel costs to the Truckers, it’s FDA government shutdowns as the baby formula shortage is. Prepare and lock and load. :us: @Mary.A.SC.79 Stay safe. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

News from around the world, we are all in the same boat. :thinking:

1 Like

Meat production is not down from last year nor from the past several years. In fact it has increased over the past several years, with the exception of the first year of the “pandemic”.

2 Likes

Sorry just got back to this. We are not talking about the past, the next year coming up May 2023.
Watch the vid and read the comments from around the country and around the world.
Doesn’t matter how much beef is on the shelves if you can’t afford it.
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Get your head out of the sand and prepare.
That’s all I’m saying!

I’m not into conspiracy theories, and by community standards I’m not much of a prepper, but consider how quickly our large metropolitan areas can come unglued. Large cities are not sustainable. I’ve read different accounts that NYC, for example, has one days worth of food at any given point. Everything must be trucked into and out of Manhattan on a daily basis. A major supply chain or infrastructure disruption would bring that city to its knees in a single day.

But other cities aren’t much better. Companies try to keep minimal inventory to reduce costs, so stores would be depleted of essentials in a matter of days. People that live in cities neither have the land nor the knowledge to grow their own food. They will get desperate. People that live in “food deserts” and large urban apartment towers are probably going to die if they have no means of escape.

And those that can escape will quickly overrun small towns looking for food, supplies, and shelter.

I’m not saying a collapse is imminent, I’m just recognizing how fragile our society really is.

3 Likes

As the past couple years show, the just in time deliver system may boost short term profits but it puts everyone in significant danger when minor hiccups occur in the supply chain. The hiccups are only going to get worse over the next few months and years.

The US government should have been stockpiling critical supplies during the last couple decades of plenty. Instead they allowed our reserves to be drawn down or got rid of them all together. Food riots are already starting in some countries. When the unprepared start demanding that the better prepared give them “their share” things are going to get ugly.

2 Likes

I agree, but as we’ve seen with the strategic oil reserves over the past few decades, government storehouses aren’t always used for their intended purposes.

I still have a hard time envisioning food shortages in the United States. Specific types of food? Yes. But we have enough food to get fat, fill our gas tanks, and still feed the world. I can imagine plenty of scenarios where people have to adjust their diets based on what’s available, and that will certainly impact people with specific dietary needs, but I have a hard time imagining Sally Struthers posing with pictures of starving kids from Alabama.

3 Likes