First Hunt

I’ve never hunted anything before, but got talked into going on a boar hunt this past weekend.

All I had to potentially hunt with was an Sig Rattler 300 and was assured that would be ok. I normally run heavier suppressed rounds that I reload at home for shooting at the range, but decided to purchase some Barnes 120gr JHP.

125lb sow at around 50yds.

Took some of the meat home to use for 4th of July bbq. The rest were left with the processor to make into ground meat and sausages. Tried some of the meat in a Filipino adobo dish - awesome!

15 Likes

:yum: It always tastes better when you shoot it yourself. Congratulations. :+1:

9 Likes

nice hogs ,their going to make great sausage

4 Likes

That dish looks delicious. At such distance, good shooting. It that both a red dot or a scope combo? Never seen a rig system like it before. Happy hunting friend.

2 Likes

Holosun 510c green dot. Picked up the HMX3 magnifier 2 days before the hunt because my old eyes can’t see crap past 25 yds :grin:

6 Likes

Whoah. Tight and sweet system. First hunt? No way. You would have fooled me man. I dig the background signage about tips. I don’t spend that often, but when I do, I do tip in appreciation. Thanks for sharing your expedition with us.

2 Likes

Excuse my ignorance, but what is this? :rofl:

1 Like

That is the winch controller wrapped in plastic so it doesn’t get covered in blood and guts.

2 Likes