February 25 is Pistol Patent Day

Pistol Patent Day is on February 25 every year, and we are here to help you celebrate the day. Do you know that it has been almost 500 years since the very first pistols emerged? Pistols, revolvers, and other sidearms have played a significant part in shaping how civilizations evolved. New patents were submitted as centuries passed by giving birth to modern sidearms. Pistol Patent Day is observed to commemorate the day Samuel Colt received the patent for the revolver in 1835. On this day, we look at the life and times of the farsighted genius, Samuel Colt.

7 Likes

Nice to share my wedding anniversary with Pistol Patent Day!
28 years tomorrow :grin:

Not trying to steal your thread. I truly did not know about Pistol Patent Day. :+1:

7 Likes

Congratulations! :champagne::tada::balloon:

If you search for it, there’s a holiday for just about everything.

IMO, this brought Samuel Colt to people’s consciousness in the 21st century.

7 Likes

I have 2 6" blued pythons that I got in the 80s love them

8 Likes

OOOOH! Should send an e-mail celebrating the day to the NM anti-gun Legislators that are sponsoring their anti-gun bills. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :wink: :rofl: :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

They’re out of my price range, maybe settle for a cobra.

2 Likes

Same here, do they make a garter snake? :rofl:

3 Likes

I bought the first one when I was in the MC the exchange had long guns on the rack but you had to order pistols. One day I was there and there was a sign saying ask about the Python in stock so I asked about it and they wanted 350 for it. I said sold then had to go and get the paperwork from my CO.

1 Like

Get a Ruger GP100. They aren’t quite as refined and “pretty” as a Python, but, they are shooters. And can handle more full tilt magnums than most shooters care to feed it.

2 Likes

I like that idea!

1 Like

Then, start saving to send that Ruger to Gemini customs. For the cost of a Python, you can buy the Ruger and have a basics work over done by Gemini. I’m saving to eventually have mine sent off to them to have a full custom job done on it. It’ll be a while for that. But, until then, it’s my favorite gun to shoot.

4 Likes

Come to think of Sam Colt, he assured equittable outcomes for folks or all physical abilities, and a lot more people were included in ownership of his product than prior designs.
For this reason, Samuel Colt should be celebrated by the White House as early DEI activist.

2 Likes

They have to clear it first with David Hogg.

2 Likes

:beers: Yaaaaaaa. :beers:

Happy Pistol Patent Day - Pistol Patent Day graphics for Facebook ...

2 Likes