FASCINATING FACTS - DID YOU KNOW???

I’m not sure I could actually spend $1,000,000 a day!

1 Like

I believe Brewster’s Millions is in need of a massive update… :sunglasses:

I think it would be 1 quadrillion.

1 billion is 10^9. 10^9 squared is 10^18, which is a quadrillion, I think. Trillion is 10^12.

If you gave 1 billion (10^9) people $1,000 (10^3) each, you’d have a trillion (10^12).

Check my math on this. It’s been a long time.

3 Likes

If the Feds gave one million dollars and a one-way ticket to another country to a selected 12 percent of the population, the government could save billions of dollars in welfare payments every year. There is the path to a balanced budget.

Ok - I checked the math on this one and it’s correct!

Hold on, let me count. 1… 2… 3…

3 Likes

Did I mention a lower crime rate?

1 Like

I’ve been told that many facts are racist.

3 Likes

Do transgender women use tampons?

2 Likes

TO or TOO? Why do so many people not know the difference?

THERE or THEIR? Why do so many people not know the difference?

2 Likes

Trick fact: There are no poisonous animals in Hawaii.
But one of the most dangerous and poisonous plants, Angels Trumpet!

2 Likes

Mr. Mike , how to use ( ; )

3 Likes

PS: the other thing I’m confused about are what the real commandments are, can anyone show me the stone they were put on :question:

1 Like

His sister was Secretary of the Treasury.

1 Like
1 Like

Does (not the animal) too plus to equal fore?

Ow know, knot ewe tiu.

2 Likes

etui brewtae?

1 Like

My daughter and I fantasized one day about spending a billion dollars. We decided that it was impossible to go broke. If one had a billion dollars, it would not be under one’s mattress. It would be invested and even at very conservative returns on the investment, that complicates the matter of spending. Even splurging on very expensive cars, airplanes and yachts, one does not dissipate the cost of the vehicle. It still retains some residual value even after driven off the lot.

In order to spend a billion dollars to nothing, one would have to invest large sums of money in business ventures the went completely bust. Even then, many times there is some residual value. Some bottom feeder will be happy to take assets off your hands for a penny on the dollar.

A billion dollars is really beyond the comprehension of most of us for whom a thousand dollars is a lot of money,

Many years ago, 1963-1964 I knew a man who was slightly eccentric and very wealthy. He always carried an attache case with $10,000 in case he ran across a bargain. This was way before platinum credit cards.

He once left it in the restroom of a gas station. When he went back to retrieve it, the clerk was very badly shaken. When he inquired as to the clerk’s obvious anxiety state, the clerk told him he was so frightened because he didn’t know anybody but Mafioso who carried that kind of cash around.

During his divorce case his wife’s attorney questioned him repeatedly about $1,000 withdrawals he made almost daily from his checking account. He finally said, “Counsel, I don’t mean to be belittling, but if I asked you about every $20 withdrawal from your checking account could you tell me what you did with that $20? For me, $1,000 is like a $20 bill. I can’t tell you what I did with every $1,000 I took out of the bank.”

But he begrudged every penny the judge ordered him to pay to his wife in the property settlement decree and spousal support.

And let’s not forget all the deaths by cars every year. They kill more folks than guns. But if you had to take all the idiots off the road than the car makers, coffee drive through, fast food drive through, and everyone else who makes money off of drivers would fight it.

2 Likes