Fall Veggies

Hi Everyone :slight_smile: ,

Gardening newbie here looking to try a small - very small - veggie plot for the fall. Any recommendations for some easy fall vegetables? If it’s a little late for planting, I’m still open to suggestions.

Also, does anyone grow their veggies in containers? My yard is tiny!

Thanks!

1 Like

radishes, lettuce are good fall crops
container gardening works great
we keep tomatoes and peppers year round in the sun room
lots of good info on line

Mike

2 Likes

Pepper in fall

Starting mine too after the disastrous first attempt in 2020 at the start of the plandemic.

2 Likes

Lots and lots of info on You Tube. 5gal. or 2.5gal buckets great, drill drain holes and you can move them around in the sun. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Still time for cabbage if you put it in soon. Use seeds to grow the plants, then pick the best plants and transplant them. You can just buy the plants at this point, which will save a lot of time.

2 Likes

I have a hydroponic garden and grow lettuce, kale, and collard greens.

1 Like

Really depends on where you are at or if you have an indoor spot that gets good sun for your containers. My wife is working on finishing her green house but we can’t grow anything in the fall outdoors without one where we live. Though fall is the time to plant garlic for next year’s harvest.

1 Like

You can also make cold frames, basically mini greenhouses, to extend the growing season. Works great for green leafy veggies. I’ve grown lettuce, kale, peppers late into the year using them. As already mentioned, 5 gal buckets for tomatoes keep them warm and in the sun. Below 70f tomatoes go dormant.

1 Like