Experienced Gun owner who has suffered a terrible accident needs our help

The above link is to a Go Fund Me set up for a young man by the name of Darin McMahon.
Darin was terribly injured (paralyzed neck down) in a firearms training course accident. He was accidentally shot in the neck, point blank range, and his life, just a few short months ago has been altered forever.
Aside from his horrific injury, his wife and two young children have been taxed to their limits. His home requires handicap modification, he needs a transport vehicle, they have a mortgage and an insurmountable financial need.

I have never had the occasion to meet this young man but have been following his story as he and his wife are friends of my Office Administrator. She has kept me informed, I have donated to his Go Fund Me.

My interest, aside from seeing him get as better as he can, hoping for any nerve, muscle, and physical movement, is that as a USCCA long time member, a consistent student in firearms training, and a CCW holder in Florida, I can stir some additional support for this young family.

Any one who visits the above link, can see the McMahons and perhaps feel inclined to help. His plight could have been any one of us! As much as we train, as much as we exercise proper gun handing and safety, accidents can happen.

My heart goes out to he, his family, and to the instructor who made the life-changing mistake.

8 Likes

Wow! That’s a horrific but touching story.

2 Likes

Sure is. I can’t imagine the challenges it poses. Thanks for your comment.

3 Likes

That is so sad!

I can’t imagine the challenges it poses either.

2 Likes

Please go fund me whatever you can, it could be one of us!

Thank you

Ron Nippe

Private contact information removed for Ron’s privacy. ~Dawn

3 Likes

donated.
tough story, and yes, it could be any of us.

2 Likes

Donated. Hang in there family. @Reynold thanks for posting.

3 Likes

Members, this family really needs our help. Please visit the go fund me link and help them through
this life-altering tragedy. As I said on the original post, it could be any one of us! I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

1 Like

done. after the first, I’ll contribute another amount.

1 Like

thanks Zee, I am doing the same after Jan 1. I keep track of this poor guy, it really makes me mad. A tactical instruction on “takedowns”, everyone very experienced,
instructor has a chambered round. what was he thinking??? Not sure of his thoughts then but I know what he’ll be thinking everyday for the rest of his life.

Is there anything else I can do to get the word out to our crew?

Ron Nippe

2 Likes

I’ll ask @dawn if there is anything else we can do on the forum.

takedown like… taking a person to the ground? or like taking the gun apart?

1 Like

To the ground

Ron Nippe

Removed Ron’s email address and phone number for his personal safety. ~Dawn

1 Like

I would like to know exactly how this accident happen, so I and others can lean from it.

GB

1 Like