Evers, Wisconsin Democrats introduce red flag law

1 Like

If this has NO chance of getting through the WI GOP majority why don’t the Dems use their time and efforts more wiely? Like making fun of Trump and concentrate on the right to kill babies? I love the way these people didn’t learn from the last election. Trump is going to landslide the vote next year through the silent majority that the pollsters ignore.

2 Likes

Because everything they want to do is unconstitutional.

2 Likes
2 Likes

As an employee of USCCA and a resident of Wisconsin, I’ll limit my comment to this: :angry:

1 Like

What scares me is this passing and they MAKE someone into what they accuse them of by trying to take their guns.

3 Likes

@DBrogue ^^^ YEP ^^^

2 Likes

Even if they know it will fail they will do it for the press. They introduce laws they know will not work knowing it will not pass. Then, next time there’s a tragedy, they stand in front of a microphone and say we tried but (insert conservative name here) wouldn’t bring the bill to the floor, ore they wouldn’t vote for it or …

5 Likes

I am hoping that soon someone will make the case of “red flags laws” before a court on the grounds that it not only violates the Constitution but also undermines the basic principles of law in this country! Our laws say “A person is innocent until proven guilty” these laws turn that principle on it’s head by presuming you are guilty till proven innocent!

3 Likes

I agree that this bill will go nowhere, but I still contacted my State Senators and let them know, politely, that as a " gun owner and registered voter" that I believe these laws are bad for Wisconsin!
It doesn’t hurt to let them know how you feel and are willing to vote them out if you feel they are not representing you the way they should!

2 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

I don’t where Evers got 80% of gun owners support theses measures, but it’s total bull!

3 Likes

It’s from this poll. Scroll down to page 9 for that specific polling question.

Marquette Law School Poll: August 25 - 29, 2019

1 Like

He must be using fuzzy math!
The poll says about 80% of those responding to the question supported the universal background checks and red flags. Only 45% of those polled own guns. Only 310/311 of 800 (39% of everyone polled) supported UBC/red flags, and over 50% did not respond, did not know or refused to answer.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @LolaKinks and thanks for adding the polling data.

2 Likes