Duty to Inform Over the Phone

@Craig6 Thanks for your kindness. I didn’t type it all out, I copied and pasted. Happy to provide it, though. You all have been great to interact with me. Can’t see doing anything other than fully reciprocating your kindness.

I’m guessing from your nuclear quote that you were Navy? Thank you for your service.

3 Likes

I’m not a lawyer, and didn’t even stay at a Holiday Inn. But in my humble opinion, because I cannot verify the LEO’s identity over the phone, I offer him/her nothing.

7 Likes

I think you did well. You rightfully failed to give up information regarding emergency procedures at your school.

How do we know this “State trooper” was telling the truth?

Let’s suppose his authority exists, Federal law prohibits the possession of a firearm on public school grounds and 500 feet from campus. Possession of weapons especially firearms is a criminal act.

I believe by you nicely telling him to mind his business, you saved that school a shakedown!

2 Likes

That’s why I am happy to be in Tennessee, here I can carry on school property with my enhanced carry permit, just can’t enter the building unless I get the ok from the person in charge.

5 Likes

See my post above about the Gun Free School Zones Act and how my permit allows me to legally carry.

Also I work at a private school.

3 Likes

@Sinbad > one question > Are you a school administrator :question:

2 Likes