Dry fire

This one actually can teach nice and smooth trigger press once you switch back to striker fired pistol (which has extremely light trigger press comparing to DA) :+1:
Iā€™m using CZ P-01 for this. I reduced DA trigger weight to be little bit heavier that my 2011s. Results are fantastic. If you practice with heavy trigger, the lighter one will never be a problem anymore.

2 Likes

I bought snap-caps for both my 9mm and .45. I enjoy it from a practice draw perspective, but have been considering the MantisX system advertised. I donā€™t really have a way to measure my impact performance with the snap caps.

2 Likes

There are a lot of different laser training systems, @Jeff_C and I have heard a lot of great things about the MantisX. I personally have the ELMS system and their app on my phone. You can find their website here: Laser Dry Fire Training System by G-Sight Solutions

4 Likes

MantisX will not measure your accuracy on targets if thatā€™s what you mean. It will just coach you toward a better grip and trigger pull ā€” it knows nothing about your sight picture or target impact.

Replacing the ā€œdeadā€ snap caps with a $40 laser cartridge will show where your aim is taking you. That is a huge improvement over no feedback ā€œsnap-rack-snapā€ practice. A number of free or low cost phone/tablet apps can work with any laser cartridge to do a better job of recording hits on a target without encouraging the bad habit of looking up to see where you hit.

I gather that Mantis Laser Academy does this, but it is a different thing than the MantisX device and its associated app. I donā€™t have experience with the Laser Academy, but there are other ways to get most or all of that capability with Ć  la carte or alternative packages.

1 Like

The ELMS system is what I use too. It is what helped me to train to pass my shooting qualification to become a Certified Instructor because my local range was closed down for a while.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the info. @techs and @Tim_D_USCCA too! Good info and Iā€™m thinking this ELMS system from G-Sight is my next purchase.

3 Likes

Happy to help, @Jeff_C ! Regardless of what you do buy for your training, please let us all know what you get and how you like it!

2 Likes

I-target pro targetā€¦ Another option and my choice. They make Lazer bullets in 9mm, .45acp and 5.56 for AR training. Edit, looks like theyā€™ve added .357, .380 etcā€¦You can use the targets and record your shots. I like practicing point shooting with this while otherwise relaxing, and doing drills with the target.

2 Likes

I received my G-sight pack today, 9mm. Iā€™m going to use it to teach my step daughter and her best friend how to shoot, along with some snap-caps on loading, manipulation, etcā€¦ Weā€™re going to schedule about 30 minutes to go over that and get them familiar with firearms, then headed to the range down the street for some actual shooting practice.

Setting up the G-sight just prelim, it seems pretty slick.

Peace.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s great for you, @Jeff_C I personally have used the G-Sight training laser for about 2 years now, and love it. I used it to help me to prepare for my shooting qualification to become a Certified Instructor. I couldnā€™t get to the range as much as I wanted to, so I trained with it at home.

I also used it to get my now 9-year-old daughter comfortable with handling a firearm, and now she loves to train with it and go to the live-fire range.

2 Likes