Draw on a Drawn Weapon?

Once a week I take R to a doctors appointment, while waiting for her I get coffee right across the street from the EOS Gym. Just think, what if they needed a Yellow Barbie Jeep to sell…

I think this sentence says the most:
“Prosecutors say Mila had a gun in his hand and demanded the woman’s keys. The woman, however, has a concealed carry permit and she drew her gun and fired. Prosecutors say Mila had a gun in his hand and demanded the woman’s keys. The woman, however, has a concealed carry permit and she drew her gun and fired.”

She stopped the crime and the scumbags got caught BUT it came at a very high price.

9 Likes

I just read it in CONCEALEDCARRY MAGAZINE. We don’t carry to save stuff we carry to save lives.

6 Likes

Intensions, the perspective of how a person will respond. They have a gun, but will they actually use it? or are they using it for a bluff? There is a saying, if they haven’t used it already, then they are not planning on using it. This does not mean they will never use it but that they are not planning on using it.
With the perp having the idea of using a gun to be threatening to get what they want whether it is a car or money and that they are planning on the victim to cooperate willingly and when a person responds without warning defending themselves it would be unexpected.

5 Likes

Generally, drawing on a drawn gun is a bad move! Unless, she got a vibe that more than mere carjacking was about to happen. Trust your intuition.

“Lt Col” for a first name, heh.

5 Likes

I don’t think, in the same situation, I would have the presence of mind or take the time to critically analyze the attackers innermost thoughts, desires, and intentions.

In my estimation, I someone unknown to me makes demands and points a gun at me I must assume and believe my life is in danger.

15 Likes

And that is why you continue shooting until the threat decides he’s had enough. She gave him time to think and react.

8 Likes

:+1:t4::+1:t4:
CCW 101
Thug: “give me your car keys, wife, and money!” - property crime

Thug points gun at me and says, “give me your car keys, wife, and money!” - my life is in imminent danger

9 Likes

She might have been thinking there could have been more involved than just property. Kidnapped at gun point and taken in her own vehicle I would imagine may have occurred to her. Saving her own life.

I can’t fault her at all and won’t.

8 Likes

Agreed Enzo. If da perp has a gun, I will respond to that threat
(and as you just said, keep ‘responding’ till the threat is neutralized).
I’ve NEVER ‘Pondered’ the ‘Ramifications’ of an attacker.
INTUITION takes over, Survival Instincts kick in!
They can tell Saint Peter @ da purly gates that ‘I was never gonna use da gun!’
(I was just going to scare him…)
I hope St. Pete say’s 'you got your clock cleaned ‘cause you were stupid!’

I just don’t by the whole ‘They drew first’ bit…and what? I’m not going to respond in kind?
As John Wick say’s ‘Consequences’ MY SHOTS WILL BE ON TARGET, Will THEIRS?

8 Likes

That’s Right ‘d’, These day’s? Not a chance in heck I’m going to say ‘It’s just a car’.
or ‘It’s only money?’ Give it to them it’s just stuff!
Yeah, MY STUFF! My Money! My Car and most Important MY LIFE!
Who say’s they will stop and leave me alive when I give them what they want?

BANG BANG!

9 Likes

Wifes, plural. This example is happening in Saudi Arabia, right?

6 Likes

Fear of grave bodily injury or death is enough… doesn’t even need the presence of a weapon… how would a reasonable person react?

No hablo Arabic.

8 Likes

Pretty much in every state I can think of, Armed Robbery justifies the use of deadly force. It’s not about the car anymore it’s about the threat to my life. And all my mind will be thinking off is when is the opportune time for me to draw and end this.

15 Likes

Is there another person in the car (child, etc…)? If so, try to stop the carjacking. If not, the guy with the gun already has the advantage, so If you draw, and can get the gun clear and aimed, you might have a chance, but is it worth a debilitating wound? An abdomen wound, I would think, is going to be a lifelong experience in pain. If you want to try to draw in a situation like this, I would think tossing the keys onto the ground to divert his attention might be an alternative. Even a one second diversion may be enough to draw, aim, shoot.

9 Likes

None of us knows what would have happened had she not drawn that gun. She might have ended up dead in a ditch somewhere cut up into little pieces. Being gut shut surely stinks, but it’s better than dead.

There was another thread somewhere about carrying a gun to the gym. Seems this gal didn’t leave her piece locked up in her car.

Things that make you go hmmm.

8 Likes

And it saved her life Brother, This s a cold hard fact. Better to be breathin’ than the alternative, amirite?
Always carry folks because ya neva know…

8 Likes

I think that goes beyond property crime.

5 Likes

Being of a certain age, my ‘stuff’ represents the culmination of half a lifetime of hard work, and I don’t have the resources to simply go out and replace all that is being called ‘just stuff’. I will not give it away to some thug who seems to think he’s somehow entitled to it.

I don’t value my stuff more than my life, but the armed thug has demonstrated that he values my stuff more than my life and willingly risks his own life to take it.

9 Likes

Ah you found the Easter egg :egg::upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Even beyond that (lol) someone demanding property from you is probably more than a property crime. It may not rise to the level of an imminent threat of serious bodily harm or death, but, it’s pretty easy to picture a “give me your money” situation being at least a threat of physical force which is probably some kind of assault or robbery that likely justifies some kind of less lethal or ordinary force (I’m not a lawyer)

Then of course the wife part lol

5 Likes