Could it actually happen like this

He said the dog knocked the gun over and it fired hitting his GF. I’ve seen guns get dropped, tipped over and actually seen thing purposely hit with guns and none of them fired. I guess it’s possible but I doubt it’s very common.

2 Likes

Perhaps he told the truth… :sunglasses:

A 2022-07-17 23-24-33

10 Likes

Hmmm… I think he’s screwed. :thinking:

4 Likes

German shepherds are smart

3 Likes

I had one who could tell time on an analog clock.

3 Likes

That’s almost as good as Oscar Pistorious shooting his girlfriend in the bathroom! Behind a closed door!
The modern age, the dog did it! That Same dog ate my homework!
I knew he was destined to hurt someone!
BAN DOGS

5 Likes

Was it a Sig P320?

Was it a DA/SA that was left cocked?

Was it a single action that relies on a manual safety and the safety was disengaged?

Was it a rifle with a free floating firing pin, loaded/chambered?

Was the firearm modified in any way?

Depending on specifics, it is possible a gun could get knocked off/fall/be dropped, and discharge. It certainly has happened.

3 Likes

If this is brought before a jury, DA stands good chances of scoring a point.

2 Likes

IF (that’s a big IF) the firearm discharged upon hitting the floor then the bullet would have travelled parallel to the floor. How did it hit someone walking in the back? Smells fishy to me.

3 Likes

IDK if the article was updated, but it says

“the woman started to walk out of the trailer. “As she was exiting the trailer several dogs came out with her. As (she) stepped off of the stairway to the ground, she heard a gunshot and felt immediate pain. James quickly apologized and said it was an accident,” according to the affidavit.”

Which actually fits perfectly with a firearm being dropped and the bullet going parallel to the floor, then hitting her in the back.

Regardless of the accidental vs intentional nature of the shot, the rest of the crimes listed would seem to spell significant misfortune for the guy

4 Likes

It can hit the floor with barrel at an angle.

3 Likes

Setting the stage for blaming the gun manufacturer :man_shrugging:t4:

An old revolver with the firing pin mounted on the hammer likely could go off if hit or dropped. They were safest carried with the hammer on an empty cylinder.

Newer revolvers with a transfer bar mechanism would be damn near impossible to go off without the trigger being squeezed.

2 Likes