Cook County Sheriff's proposal

I’m not a lawyer nor criminologist, could someone 'splain to me how gouging law abiding citizens will reduce violent crime.

6 Likes

Well, obviously the criminals will try to buy their ammo at the gun shop where they bought their firearms; thereby preventing them from buying the needed ammo. :rofl:

10 Likes

Is it possible to buy stock in black market ammo sales?

10 Likes

Well the “stock” would be the ammo, and yes, you could become a supplier. :rofl: Why else did he propose that law?

Of Course, the ability to track said ammo will also become important. SO We’ll have to serial number all Brass, all Primers and all Projectiles…

5 Likes

Now you are thinking like our opposition… understanding the nature of the beast… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Learned from California :man_facepalming:t4:

5 Likes

It is not gouging when you call it tax, or service fee. Yes, there is zero value in the service that Cook County Sheriff would provide under the proposal. Given crime and death in Chicago, the good Sheriff provided zero value in everything else too.

6 Likes

Dart is a long time anti 2A character. If this ever became law I predict bulk ammo sales in IL will become popular.

2 Likes

I only began paying attention to the media the past year or so; before then I was usually too busy, preoccupied.

I never realized how often violence happens, which is firearm related. Read somewhere, a shooting every 10 minutes, and one mass shooting per day in the U.S. I’ve had family die of GSW’s. Yet, I still chose to own. Each day I become more interested in safer use, to prevent accidents.

I tried to think of the right time to show this comedy video below. There’s no right time. But I needed it to relax amid sadness. Please forgive my lack of tact. It also jokes about ammo prices. Can you believe it’s from 13 years ago and not today? And of all good people, Mr. Rock. Hope it makes you laugh, we can all use a good one right about now. Peace be with you.

3 Likes

I find this term and stat to be very misleading. The media creates a very specific image of what a “mass shooting” is. They glorify the usually loan gunman going somewhere and shooting a dozen or more innocent people, often children. The media then implies that these extremely rare events happen every day by utilizing research numbers that define mass shooting as any event where 3 or more or 4 or more people are injured.

The vast majority of these “mass shootings” are gang on gang violence with criminals shooting each other and unfortunately often hitting an innocent bystanders.

We should not be playing their word and propaganda game. They ignore and absolve all the real criminals and seek to criminalize and render defenseless all the law abiding people.

I know that wasn’t the point of your post. I’m just sick of hearing the misleading terms and stats. Thanks for sharing the humor! I couldn’t watch it because of my third world quality internet but laughing at our problems often makes them easier to comprehend and deal with:)

7 Likes

It’s simple. Don’t waste your time consuming mass media.

3 Likes

Why would they do that, when they could go down to “leroy’s” and get anything they might want ?

1 Like

They wouldn’t, just as they would not be going to an FFL to purchase the firearm to begin with, hence my use of :rofl:, meaning I was not being serious, as the idea is preposterous. The idea of taxing ammunition would work as well as taxing prescription drugs to prevent illegal drug use - it would not work.

3 Likes

I think Cook County Sheriff should go after the gangs in Cook County instead.

4 Likes

I would think that all ammo sales in IL would drop to zero, with surrounding states taking up the entire sales picture. Leave it to Crook County, though.

5 Likes

I doubt you are Woke enough to understand. Me neither. This rates right up there with how letting criminals out of jail or dropping charges against them make our society safer. Just doesn’t make sense.

4 Likes