Coast Guard Arms

Saw this on a news article. Gotta love the fire power. I haven’t seen any thing like this since I hung out of the door of a slick all of those years ago. I’m not a Viet Nam Vet. We had M60’s and 50 cals in our Hueys when we moved loads around.

4 Likes

M240B and M82 on an HH-65 Dolphin Helo.

4 Likes

Used to teach at the maritime interdiction “sniper” course down in E-City. Funny thing is the Barret had an EOTEC on it because any powered optic was a hindrance in finding and leading a race boat and the 65 MOA circle dot was “useful” at a certain distance. You had better have your wits about you as you try and figure out Boat traveling at 55MPH, Helicopter traveling at 85 MPH and 750gr boolit traveling at 2700 FPS all on different trajectories. I will admit those Puddle Pirates (I’m a Squid and paying a compliment, get over it) were pretty doggone good on the 50. The 240 was just for show or OH SH!T!!!

Cheers,

Craig6

5 Likes

For pirates? Dread Pirate Roberts, perhaps?

2 Likes

I think Craig meant- PIE RATS :thinking:

2 Likes

Puddle Pirates is an endearing form of address from another service much like Jar Head, Airdale, Dog Face, Squid and a host of other more colorful names across the board. Which reminds me of a purple club get together where the Army Sgt Major, Marine Master Guns, and Air Force Chief Msgt were all talking about their combat tours “over there” next to a Navy Master Chief. Helmund, Baghdad, Kuwait, Rwanda, Burundi, Kosovo and other hot spots were all bandied about as being the worst of the worst. Noticing the Master Chief had nothing to add to the conversation they asked if he had anything to compare. The Master Chief finished his beer belched and looked at them, “Bah! All Shore Duty.”

I will say I know many more Puddle Pirates that have been in gun fights on the high seas than I do squids that can say the same.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes