CC when ammo isn't available

got it. lots, too many options. I agree with you on caliber and firearm combo to make an effective carry.

1 Like

No gospel, except that which is in the bible.

2 Likes

Thank you Ann! Good to hear what has worked for you. No one wants a gnu that jams. Kinda defeats the purpose :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have at it! :slight_smile: We moved from Wisconsin in 1982 to Florida. Hated the -0 wind chills. Never stopped shivering until May.

1 Like

Thanks to you all!!! Especially as a notice, I so appreciate all of the responses I get.

Navigating the world of guns is so much more difficult than the world of aviation.

3 Likes

Great input

1 Like

Humbly speaking, this yearā€™s many national and global events made me want to have ā€œdiversityā€ of calibers. Iā€™m a newbie and only a one-year firearm owner thus far. It took me three models to settle on what I think is my long-term CCW; For me, a particular revolver model. However, Iā€™d like to test carry and range use with a 9mm (semi-auto), but feel strongly about a particular model which I ordered, problem being for me, there is a delay and shortage. I must have looked at 15 different models in 9mm. For me, there were many different variables I was looking for, and chose the one I thought met most or all of my more important needs. Itā€™ll be my first semi.

I actually have been able to find plenty of 9mm ammo, though higher in price since the 2020 Pandemic broke out. I cut back on range time since the ammo shortage. However, pre-pandemic, the hoarder in me always had enough EDC defensive rounds of my favorite JHPā€™s; Which for me, enough is three full loads, or simply 18-30 grand total rounds being sufficient for my peace of mind, given my jurisdictionā€™s cylinder/magazine capacity legal limits.

Just guessing here: Itā€™s a trade-off. Longer barrel and heavier weight yielding more accuracy. I heard some even prefer a longer or higher grip height if they have larger hands. However, I also heard that in the extremely rare event of having to use in an emergency, the perp would likely be 5-15 feet away, thus most gunsā€™ accuracy is much better at such close distances. Hence, Iā€™m very happy with my top two EDCā€™s.

2 Likes

:point_up_2:t4:
Whatā€™s popular and highly recommended brand/model may not work for you.

2 Likes

:point_down:
Hi-Point C9

• popular in some societies
  • highly recommended by YouTubers :slightly_smiling_face:
  • doesnā€™t work for me at all :wink:

ā€¦such beautiful firearmā€¦ :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I think CC should learn to accurately throw their guns at an assailant since we donā€™t have ammo. :rofl:

2 Likes

Tharā€™s the way I feel. Thatā€™s why I am looking for .45 or 9mm as an alternative. I found a great Colt I wanted to get, but itā€™s .38. With lack of ammo, it would end up being a $440 rock.

1 Like

Cheryl12 I think you accidentally posted information.

Thank you. I hit the ā€˜or reply to this email to respondā€™ instead of logging in. Now I know it shows my usual email signature. Wonā€™t be doing that again! Thanks again for pointing that out. Why do they have the option anyway? Onward an upwardā€¦

1 Like

No problem, Iā€™ve posted things on accident myself. You should be able to edit the post. :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™ve post some personal stop shots of important documents by accident too. Immediately deleted it.

2 Likes

Internet is forever! :diabolical laugh:

1 Like