California

Hi guys i live in Cali . and yes i know it can get really frustrating when it comes to the laws for gun. one min its ok next your arrested cause you have pistol grip on the rifle smh… anyways just wondering if anybody here knows the restrictions for rimfire .22 rifles… wanna make sure im up to date before i purchase one for training.

2 Likes

Best bet is to look it up on your state website. I wouldn’t trust anything anybody said. You ask 5 people and you’ll get 3 different answers.

1 Like

Hi @Meynard! We’ve got a link to the Handgun link on www.uscca.com/laws and click on California.

I would suggest searching that site for details (they do cover rifles on that site as well but it looks like the laws depend on the rifle just like the handguns.) Your local FFL or gun store should be able to tell you if they can legally sell it to you as well.

1 Like

hehhe thats so true… thank you i appreciate it.

Current “evil features” that would classify as an AWB per CA bolognie only applies to center fire calibered weapons.

Just make sure to keep up with pending legislations that may pop up.

Here in CA they have been trying to include all semi auto firearms even rimfire .22lr, best thing to do is look on the CA DOJ website.

Other items such as no more than 10 rd magazine capacity, unless non restricted magazines over 10rd magazines were obtained prior to ‘99 or during “freedom week” of 2019 , 16 inch min barrel length, with 26 inch overall length.

This is my Ruger 10/22 with a ProMag archangel marauder stock kit. I pinned and epoxied the folding stock

2 Likes

Nice bro . and hey i appreciate the breakdown of cali laws hehe this state can get pretty ugly when it comes to firearm laws. but i did speak with an officer in regards to the rimfire rifle. so yes only rimfire can have all the evil features except the magazine having 10 rounds unless purchase during freedom week. but hey im getting my first ar10 i was wondering if you have any knowledge between my options of aero precision 18" barrell 1/10 twist over springfield saint 308 1/8 twist . let me know pls.

1 Like

Very briefly summarized 1:10 and 1:12 are more common twist rates. 1:8 isn’t as common

The higher the twist rate number on a barrel, the lighter the grain of bullet performs generally.

There’s more to it but to kinda simplify it you could look at it that way.

I would defer to @James or someone else to explain further though.

Check out Calguns.org , or the California Rifle and PIstol Association, the state NRA affiliate for the ongoing rabbit hole that is California firearms laws.

1 Like

Excellent resources as well, I’m a member and also support the CRPA