Brass Knuckles: Legal in your state?

Texas is making brass knuckles and things like Wild Cat keychains legal in public as of September 1.

What does your state say about those self-defense tools?

2 Likes

According to our good friend, Tom Grieve’s law office, they’re illegal in Wisconsin unless you’ve got a carry permit.

https://www.grievelaw.com/WisconsinDefense/possession-of-brass-knuckles-in-wisconsin

I’ve always taught my kids to carry their keys between their fingers for additional damage to a punch. Keys are perfectly legal for kids and adults to have.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I think this one will probably serve to do more harm than good as we’ll see more prohibited persons carrying and using them than anyone else.

What’s always bothered me honestly though was that for many years a great many perfectly good less lethal tools like batons, slapjacks etc were unlawful even if you had a permit.

1 Like

Don’t carry keys between your fingers. It will hurt you just as bad. Go with a tactical pen, roll of quarters or even a small edc flashlight. They keys will hurt you. If you don’t believe me then try it on something around your house you don’t mind damaging.

1 Like

To be used effectively you really need a large keyring and use only one key.

:+1: to the tactical pen.

1 Like

You’re right, it’s going to hurt as a punch. You got me thinking about how we trained with the keys and it was more of a slashing motion. The nice think about the keys is that teenagers have them readily and legally available.

I think my kids are all getting tactical pens for their birthday or Christmas this year.

3 Likes

Not legal in MO … also can’t manufacture them.

Brass knuckle convos always makes me go straight to the Apache revolver. This just needs to be in my life! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Brass knucks a felony in CA.

2 Likes