Best accessories at a great price

I carry a Rock Island 1911 45 acp and I came across Triple K Brand magazines for it. Most other mags cost me anywhere from $29.99 to $49.99 for just one but Triple K Brand magazines fit most 1911s and they only cost $15.00 for each one. They are definitely well worth the money. Does anyone know how to get grips or other accessories for a Rock Island 2011 45 acp.

4 Likes

2011, or 1911 double stack? Or please type the model.
I’ve replaced grip panels on my 1911HC… but it’s almost impossible to find good parts for RIA :pensive:

3 Likes

I bought my G10 grips on Amazon. Name brand? Nope! But they are working just fine. All my internal parts came from Brownells or Midway.

2 Likes

I had a set of Hogue grips on my Remington 1911 and loved them.

3 Likes

For what it’s worth I buy a TON of stuff on eBay. If you know what you like/want and have a little patience you can score some amazing deals on top quality stuff.

4 Likes

Brandon,

Which one did you choose from their website? I do not see one for RIA and i have had sloppy fits with some other brands in the past but looking for more mags at a decent price,

1 Like

Hogue grips

1 Like

2011 double stack. My issue with finding grips for it is the big ring at the bottom of the magazine well. I cant put regular 1911 grips on it. They have to be shorter because of the ring.

Just look up Triple K 1911 45 acp Magazines. I believe they come in a yellowish package. Their just plain black mags. Their nothing fancy but they still work really good. I’ll see if I can upload a pic to help you.

s-l400

1 Like

I told you wrong there stainless not black. Sorry

Yea my wife can get me a whole arsenal of cool stuff for like 20 bucks lol. I dont know how she gets such good deals but shes got the magic touch I guess.

Thanks for the info but they dont have the right grips for my pistol.

imagejpg1_zpsc5d5d663

The ring at the bottom prevents regular 1911 grips from fitting. I’d have to have them special made or cut them down some. I’ve looked on rock island website but haven’t found anything yet.

1 Like

@Brandon38.
This’s TAC Ultra HC, which means 1911A2.
You cannot even use regular 1911 grips because yours have to be thinner and they’ve got different shape on rear.
The bottom ring is called “magwell”, so look for short magwell grips. Hopefully these are available now, I bought mine last year with regular size and cut them to fit magwell.

These are the proper grips:

Try Advanced Tactical website, the RIA’s official parts store.

1 Like

Ok sweet. Thanks dude.

1 Like