Best .380 for carry and lazer or no lazer?

So all the time carry is something i wanna do. But carrying my glock19 isnt practical or comfortable all the time. I would put the time and training into a pocket .380 as much as my 9mm. What’s your favorite most reliable brand? And since a fair amount of them have the very basic sights with no dots etc like a ruger lcp would you put a lazer on it for quicker sight acquisition? What’s everybody’s thoughts?

2 Likes

My son and I both have the Bersa Thunder 380 and we like it. I also know a woman (I helped her get started in shooting and CC) who owns the same gun with the laser built into the handgrip.

She actually doesn’t like the laser because it shows how much she wobbles and is a distraction for her.

I have shot it and actually like the laser and have been thinking about upgrading mine.

3 Likes

Take a look at the Sig 938. It’s the same size as the 238 in .380 (roughly). It has the best sights I’ve found on a small gun (sig night sites). And the one I just got for my wife has a laser.

938–cheaper ammo (you already have). Better stopping power.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

6 Likes

I’ve heard this one doesn’t work well for pocket carry (I could be mistaken). I actually want my wife to shoot a bersa at the range to see if she likes it. I’ve heard nothing but good about these guns. They’re affordable too.

2 Likes

I some times carry a 938 (9mm) in my back pocket with a Galco pocket holster. It is easy to draw and basically feels like an extra wallet opposite the real wallet.

3 Likes

Thank you that sounds great. I like 9mm for alot of reasons including the price of ammo and how much I’d like to shoot and train… So keeping with that round would be ideal.

3 Likes

I second the 938 :+1:

4 Likes

My boyfriend and I both have the Ruger LCP and we both love them, super lightweight and we both have 3 extra mags for them so hopefully we would have enough if the flying excrement really hits the fan.

2 Likes

Those Sigs are so much fun to shoot

4 Likes

I will deff. have to check out the sig. I know they make a superior product. Thank you all for your reply’s!

3 Likes

I have the 938 and my wife carries the 238, both great guns. However for pocket carry I prefer my sig p365. fits just a little more comfortably in the pocket.

4 Likes

I have the 238 because the 938 wasn’t out yet. I would have gotten the 938 if it had been an option then. :slight_smile: I haven’t gotten the 938, because I can carry the 365 with more rounds.

3 Likes

I haven’t shot the 365 yet. How is it? How are the sights/trigger/width?

I have put almost 400 rounds through my new P365. I am very happy with it. For a pistol with a 3.1" barrel, it is an accurate, shootable pistol. The trigger is very good for my taste. Some take up followed by a good break and a clear reset. With the extended 10 round mag, which is included, your pinky has a rest. The optional 12 round mags make the grip even better.
It felt a bit snappy at first, but it was probably just me. It is +P rated but I have not fired it with that round. The sights are the terrific Sig X Ray 3 tritium. I am glad I bought it, and can gladly recommend it to others. It is small, and folks should rent it and see if they like it. Thanks,

2 Likes

Ruger LC .380 with Laser Max green laser in a DeSantis soft tuk holster…Work nights with extremely low lights as a guard

Thank you for the response ! Thank you for your advice! Is it true that a quick blinking light is easier to get your eyes on than a steady beam?

your eyesight/vision changes as one ages

My wife has a Sig 238 with a laser, and I have a Kimber Micro 380 - no laer. Both have been awesome guns. Very little recoil, reliable, and fun to shoot. Can’t go wrong with either IMHO.

Best of luck!

2 Likes