Be Very Concerned or Propaganda from the main stream press

No but he plays one on TV!

Edit: he also spent a night at Holiday Inn

3 Likes

There, fixed it…

Or should I have said “thieved”

Definitely need to make sure crimes have their correct pronouns!

Don’t want to offend anyone.

2 Likes

6-7 months ago we had a huge rash of vehicle breakins up and down the interstate. Perps would get off the exits around 1-2 AM and would check every vehicle they could safely get too within 15-20 houses of the interstate. was 7 or 8 different exits over the course of a month or so. quite a few were stolen, and a bunch were recovered, but the state pursued stolen firearm charges on absolutely not a single one of them. We blame gun owners, but then let the perps that steal them and use them in violent crime a slap on the wrist. seems real logical :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Not a lawyer, but as a responsible gun owner I do my research on use of force laws . It’s important to know, for example, that when someone says “generally, robbery justifies use of force in defense”, we know that robbery is not theft from an unoccupied vehicle when nobody is around.

And when exactly did I say that?

I admit I used the wrong pronoun for the act of theft.

I apologize for offending you.

2 Likes

Never said you did. :wink:

But since that is something that other people say, and you may read, and there are other people in this thread and reading this thread now and into perpetuity, knowing what robbery is, is important.

No apology needed, it does not offend me when people use the wrong term for something, it’s no different than if somebody says my assault rifle’s high capacity clip holds 20 rounds and I say, just for the record, it’s a standard capacity magazine in my semi auto rifle. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Believe me @Will_B you don’t have the energy to sustain the “what the definition of is is” argument with him.

2 Likes

The word we are defining is robbery :wink:

You can’t rob an unoccupied vehicle when only the criminal is present

To lower their stupidity profile many should reconsider all of the 2A, firearm, and firearm accessory stickers adorning their car’s windows and bumpers.

5 Likes

I’m a big believer in not having any of that stuff

It kinda sucks but IMO it’s not worth the increased risk of a vehicle break in or some jerk road rage or anti making a fraudulent 911 call or LE claim about me brandishing a firearm or some such

I kinda like seeing the stickers on other peoples cars but they won’t be on mine

1 Like

And this is really where, in my mind, the “stupidity” comes in. If you’re at home and leave your weapon in your car parked outside then I’m sorry, but I can’t think of another word. I get perhaps having to leave your weapon in the car if going somewhere you’re not allowed to carry but at home? While I recognize our thoughts on the sanctity of our homes, that’s the last thing on the criminals’ mind. We are, or should be, smarter than that. Heck, I don’t even leave anything of value in my vehicle when parked in my own garage, just a habit thing with me.

2 Likes

I don’t and never would, but years past we used to ride around with shotguns and rifles in the back window of the truck and didn’t even lock the door. hell, up until columbine we went to high school like this. times have changed dramatically in the last 40-50 years unfortunately, and some people just don’t, haven’t, and or won’t realize it.

4 Likes

I was never lucky enough to have that whole ‘Gun rack w/ guns’ Pick-up living
in NYC growing up. That was a theme in a Charlie Daniels song (and others)
Movies like Red Dawn etc.
I’ve heard out here now where people are so tired they just leave laptops and Guns in their cars
parked in their driveways now and are ‘SHOCKED’ to find a window broken or car stolen.
Or even more weird is people who have double garages (filled w/ crap) and they leave their rides to be abused by the Sun/Weather. with their stuff in them? and expect all that to be there in the morning, Curious.
The World HAS changed (and not for the better in most cases)
We talk about ‘SA’— a lot don’t Non-Gunners do this ? Or do most people walk around oblivious
to the dangers out there? Military folks are not only given Training to survive but the Smarts are awakened to Thrive in most situations. Some buy guns, spend hundreds of dollars or more and then stick them in a drawer? Why? You don’t have to be a mechanic to drive a car but you do have to learn HOW to drive and be smart and get better so you aren’t a total moron behind te wheel amirite?

Happy Anniversary Matt. Treat yourself well tonight Brother.

2 Likes

We should be able to leave our guns legally in our unlocked cars and not worry about them being stolen, but we don’t live in Utopia. In fact, the world is so fuc#ed up that we here have all chosen to arm ourselves with deadly weapons 24/7. Recognizing that, we also need to recognize that criminals are everywhere, and if we choose to leave our valuable guns in easy-to-break vehicles, then I say the theft is on us. We carry because we know criminals are everywhere. Don’t be stupid and give said criminals a chance to take your valuable firearms and then use them against innocents.

3 Likes

have been to New York and Boston, I can’t do those crowds of people. makes the hair on the back of my neck crawl and there are nowhere near enough trees in sight at any one given time for my liking. people were never designed to live on top of each other like rodents.

I love guns and i love training, i guess im just one of those weirdos lol
appreciate it Don, im treating myself to a jumpstart on next weeks school requirements so i can run around and train next weekend without having to worry about turning in assignments last minute, no rest for the wicked so none for me either lol

2 Likes

YES! Yes! YES! WE KNOW THIS! All of it.
Criminals are everywhere. So why do people still do stupid things like they live in the '50’s w/ Leave it to Beaver and the worst thing was you got beat up? These aren’t those times anymore.
I won’t go full rant but our own .gov is out to disarm us and people act like WE are the Bad gut’s.
I still can’t wrap my brain around what the DA’s and .gov are doing letting Criminals OUT and Throwing ‘Protestor’s’ in a hole for YEARS without a trial.
I’m not Naïve or stupid (I KNOW THE PROBLEM and we all know the solution) but we keep putting up with their crap. WHY? This Election is (if we make it) going to get hairy.
They are still pushing disarmament
Pushing Illegal anti-2A LAws, Bills and Mandates.
We are in trouble Brothers.
No two ways about it.
Orange can’t fix this all by himself…

2 Likes

I’m with you. I can’t stand overbuilt cities. So many people that life is almost worthless. I spent a fair bit of time in China and the huge cities there. Individuals have no value. A person is nothing but a 1/20,000,000 little contribution to the “whole” of any city. NYC is the same. No Thanks.

2 Likes

God bless Mr. Trump for what they’re putting him through. Seriously, there can’t be enough blessings sent to that one patriot.

1 Like

to me it’s simple i dont go where my gun can’t go.

4 Likes

Realize that there is a political motivation for the story and the way it is reported. Those who penned the “study” want the political conclusion to be: (1) gun owners are an irresponsible lot who leave their guns lying around; (2) a massive number of guns are falling into the hands of criminals (as evidenced by the fact that criminals break into cars); and (3) guns should be restricted to responsible individuals or those who leave guns in cars should be punished.

That’s just how politics work in the world. Studies with lurid headlines are prepared to motivate politicians – the people who actually run for office and make laws – to do something. You can’t change that dynamic unless and until decent, thinking people get off their couches and run for office (I’, know, I’m a broken record on this point.)