Basic Concealed Carry Laws: Oklahoma | USCCA

Carrying a firearm for self-defense comes with a lot of responsibility. Knowing the laws where you carry is just one important task armed Americans must undertake. To help with that, we will be providing you with a summary of basic carry laws for several states. Learn about the most important things to know when carrying in Oklahoma, the Sooner State, below.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/basic-concealed-carry-laws-oklahoma/

This just goes to show how amazing Oklahoma is!

One thing, I had to do my research on this but above you have:
Constitutional carry went into effect on November 1, 2019 . It allows anyone who is at least 21 years old … firearm to openly without a permit.

and it should read:
Constitutional carry went into effect on November 1, 2019 . It allows anyone who is at least 21 years old … firearm to openly or concealed carry without a permit.

The way you had it, made it sound as if you could NOT conceal carry without a permit. I have dual state residence with this state and have a good handful of students who travel there frequently and just want to be absolutely clear when I tell them one thing or the other, followed up with the disclaimer of course to double check it on their own.

The information contained on this website is provided as a service to USCCA, Inc. members and the concealed carry community, and does not constitute legal advice. Although we attempt to address all areas of concealed carry laws in all states, we make no claims, representations, warranties, promises or guarantees as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information disclosed. Legal advice must always be tailored to the individual facts and circumstances of each individual case. Laws are constantly changing, and as such, nothing contained on this website should be used as a substitute for the advice of a lawyer.