Atlanta’s Music Midtown Festival Canceled After Court Ruling Made It Illegal to Keep Guns Out of Event

4 Likes

Well, we all know nothing is as safe as a gun free zone :smirk:
Live Nation sucked the joy out of concerts ime as it is, and I boycotted them years ago…

7 Likes

It’s their choice. They can call it off because someone might have a legal firearm. Just like it’s my choice to not attend a gun free event.

9 Likes

Entertainment industry doesn’t have many sacred cows, but GFZs is one of them.

5 Likes

“local rap artist”… shootings come with the territory.

4 Likes

Thinking about this, don’t think I’d be trusting a crowd where guns, drinking, drugging went along with the music. The shows and fests I frequented sometimes had the mosh pit going on, or “slam dancing” back in the day and half to all the audience was out of their minds.
Ironically, wasn’t there (I was…11 :laughing:), but watched the video, thinking one of the earliest potential shootings at a concert scenarios got aborted by a Hells Angel with a knife. Rolling Stones, Altamonte Speedway.
Worst carnage I saw was at a Ted Nugent concert, idiot in the upper level started throwing Miller 7oz. bottles into the floor seats. Iirc, 7 people hospitalized…oops, edit, had some craziness at the old Lake Compounce Ballroom back in the day, compliments of 2 or 3 local motorcycle clubs…no guns, no stabbings. Glass beer pitchers do a hell of a job.

3 Likes

Never been to a concert that was violent, then again, my last concert was RUSH, November ‘84

3 Likes