Are you worried while carrying a firearm?

I missed that part as well.
So this proves my suspicion:
Yes. Your Utah driver’s license is linked to your Utah concealed firearm permit. Therefore, a law enforcement officer will be notified immediately that you are a concealed carry permit holder if they run your driver’s license.

3 Likes

And more power TO you!

1 Like

To clarify a bit — in most (all?) cases they cannot tell you have a carry permit by running a license plate. But they will learn the name of the owner of the vehicle, and may request that person’s name to be run for wants and driving status. Until they actually identify the driver, they can’t know his/her actual status for certain.

I will give @Burdo some flack for the theory that permits to allow exercise of a protected right are a good thing because they demonstrate our responsible and law-abiding nature. :boom: :small_airplane: :boom:

Humbug.

Everyone should be presumed a responsible and law-abiding citizen, resident, or visitor unless and until demonstrating that they are not. A person with a permit is law-abiding until they break one. A person with no permit should be considered law-abiding until they break one. The current situation (requiring permits) is just a broken promise.

It is a fact that bad people do bad things with guns. They also do bad things with cars, hammers, computers, etc. You demonstrate that you are a good person by doing good things with your guns, cars, hammers, and computers — not by supporting permits to exercise protected rights.

10 Likes

The one thing you need to be most concerned about that seems to happen frequently with new CCW carriers is checking your firearm. It just seems like a hand magnet for you to reassure yourself that it is still there. You do it without thinking about it. So try to make a very conscious effort not to frequently check to see if your firearm is still on your belt.

8 Likes

I did not read every post; I never worried about Carrying my concealed EDC out the door. I train and take classes and have the right holster. i carry every day- I do not skip a day- Today, easter at my brother-in-law, i had my EDC on me, no one knew I was carrying!! Proper holster retention and lots of practice of rolling, flipping, and tossing my holster with an empty firearm to see if it will come out of the holster-- I am very confident my firearm will stay in place until I decide to stop a threat or put in the safe. did I write- lots of training?

9 Likes

Besides the normal things, not really, Salem Oregon is becoming its own version of Portland.

My wife comes from a family that does not really believe in firearms and is gun free. I know my wife feels safer when she is with me, and even greater safety when i carry. She and i hold hands while walking and she keeps to my left leaving my dominant hand free just in case.

8 Likes

I too live in Salem. I guess the only thing we lack is the riots.

4 Likes

Wow, that’s sad to hear that about SLC. I visited there several times during my college days and loved that city.

2 Likes

“Sonny, come here… What’s WRONG with you? NEVER let then know what you’re thinking! I think the comedy you’re playing with that young girl has made your brain soft!”

2 Likes

I’m an old curmudgeon too. Worry and worried are two words not in my lexicon. Worry does nothing, Paying attention; having a plan followed with a back-up plan is more my stye. To paraphrase a retired Marine Corps general: Be attentive. Be polite. Have a plan on how to kill everyone you meet.

8 Likes

We had some in downtown years ago, but they didnt last long…

2 Likes

I was, too, but I believe you covered it quite well. Thank you.

4 Likes

My family’s safety .

3 Likes

Move. Sell your place and move on. Don’t go places you think you’ll need your firearm, it is 100% the back up, end of world type thing. Isn’t that the training? Let these lowlifes have the low life. Go buy in a better area. Get while the getting is good. Sell your place and move. If you’re a renter, go rent elsewhere. Why deal with this level of drama? Aren’t your focusing on building a good life/wealth, etc? If you’re focused on hoodrat life, then that is the life you’ll have. Level up my friend. If you need the right lender and realtor in your area, let me know and i’ll try to find the right team for you.

4 Likes

This made me smile on a hard work day!!!

Pain is weakness leaving the body- i believe that was the Marines also

3 Likes

I xeroxed my driver’s license, carry license, and insurance card to give to any cop pulling me over, and it’s on the driver’s sun visor, where both of my hands can be seen. I want them relaxed, not paranoid, during a stop. Luckily, that very seldom happens, and hasn’t happened since getting my carry license. A strip of blue tape across my driver’s rear window may help, too, and I truly do support the police.

4 Likes

I thought the reason for carrying a firearm was so you didn’t have to worry.

4 Likes

That’s why God invented elbows.:grin:

3 Likes

A cancealed weapons carrier is never paranoid. A concealed weapons carrier is prepared.

9 Likes

Yeah, this string, and my having visited my family this past week got me now looking at “arms” with manual thumb safety’s, over those without. Mainly so that I feel less worried of an accident in the home when visiting. JMHO.

2 Likes