Are you paying attention?

Welcome to the family and hope you stay with us.

2 Likes

Yes be vigilant at the gas pump. That’s where many crimes occur. Just remember if you are forced to fire your weapon, a big fireball is generated. Danger Will Robinson.

5 Likes

Hence, flame retardant Hawaiian shirts, sorry, if I don’t laugh I’m gonna cry.

3 Likes

@Scott52, Are you selling? I am buying and stocking up on Hawaiian shirts!

3 Likes

I think a shirt like that makes you a big target in Michigan?

4 Likes

What? My wife and I took a two week honeymoon to Hawaii when we got married.

3 Likes

Hope you liked it when you went. I lived there for many years on Oahu. There was only 1 highway H-1, when I left there where 3 highways. When I drove around the island early in the morning I could smell every flower and hear every wave crash. I’m afraid it’s becoming too commercial now. I’m lucky I live in an area where Hawaiian shirts are commonplace, I blend! Great for concealed carry. However people are catching on.

2 Likes

It was a great time, but yes, it has gotten very commercial. We stayed the two weeks at The Kahala so we were a little out of the “city.” While I enjoyed it, about the only thing I would love to see again is Pearl Harbor. But no, Hawaiian shirts are not very common here. You see more igloos in winter.

3 Likes

But your shirt reminded me of this photo.

4 Likes

Looks like it’s already on fire lol.

3 Likes

If there was no chance of coronavirus, crime or loose fitting democrats I’d be on a plane now! Beautiful photo. I can feel the light salty breeze on my cheek.

2 Likes

@Scott52
None of my Hawaiian shirts are as cool as yours.
Silk is fire resistant?

2 Likes

This is 1/10 of my collection, I own the closet! Some people (wives) have thousands of shoes, I have hundreds of Hawaiian shirts. I live in an extremely hot environment and furthermore every time I leave the house I look like a tourist. My area and job are supported by the tourism industry.
Plus I gained a love for a Hawaiian shirts while living in Hawaii. They are extremely comfortable and you can’t tell I’m carrying an M-249 Squad Automatic Weapon. “Belt fed” under my shirt. I recommend cotton and batik over rayon.

Have been in the art business for thirty years plus, I blend😎
If you’re really looking for summer Hawaiian shirts, AlohaOutlet and Johari West. LOL as far as I know, none are fireproof.

2 Likes

Getting back to the subject, I hope to never have to draw, let alone fire my weapon while pumping gas! Lock all doors, head on a swivel and eyes scanning the area.

2 Likes

As a side note @Brian139 I have a x5 diesel, so I feel about ten gallons less of your pain if I go below a quarter of a tank…but i still feel the pain.

2 Likes

I guess you could look at it this way. Anyone not on a phone is either a good guy, a bad guy or someone that just can’t afford one.

4 Likes

Not at all. Lol. Our new rallying cry!

1 Like

A lot of good gas station and intersection replies, thanks everyone.

So, back to the original question. What other situations have you seen where people fall into mindless condition white?

1 Like

As a motorcycle rider for more than sixty years my eyes, and ears are always tuned to high alert. Being a motorcycle rider that carries is just one more area of high attention.

Larry

3 Likes

I agree with you, Brian. The media, politicians and anti-gunners just wear me out with their accusations that guns are such a problem in today’s society. Cell phones have become an addiction to the extent that those devises are attracting constant attention and completely ignoring their immediate environment. I’ve watched children walking to school all with their cell phones 16 inches from their faces while around heavy vehicle traffic; young business people sitting at a round restaurant table, not speaking to one another but all engrossed in their cell phones; people operating vehicles and…well, you know; Congress in session with hardly one paying attention to what today’s business is being discussed but fixated on either the cell phone or computer. Technology being designed for our benefit has become an addiction, a distraction and an obvious danger.
You can always tell those who spent time in the woods or took a variety of defensive classes. They have their eyes up, head on a swivel and “looking yellow” (thanks Jeff Cooper).
Unfortunately, we are stuck with an ever-increasing dependence on technology and as such don’t have any solution to the general public being oblivious to their surroundings. Far more injuries, maiming and deaths occur from these cell phones than a firearm.
Just my opinion.

4 Likes