Another over reach

5 Likes

Needed to make an example of him. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Saw that earlier. They apparently have nothing better to do.

5 Likes

Happy anniversary brother @BRUCE26 and it is nice to have you here.

4 Likes

Thank you, glad to be here. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

So we are now fully in the realm of “thought crime”. Meaning, if the government thinks you MIGHT commit a crime they will arrest you. SMH.

7 Likes

4 Likes

I’m not clear from the article, but it’s possible Adamiak violated some regulation.
What I don’t like, reading farther through the article, is that he received multiple convictions for things the prosecution did not prove he did, but rather that he had the potential to do. That’s not how our justice system is supposed to work. I own a kitchen knife, that doesn’t mean I should be convicted of murder, simply because I am capable of stabbing someone.

I also really don’t like that they argued he could create machine guns simply because he was an MA. I’ve never been an MA, but I assume they train more with 9mm and pepper spray than machine guns. On top of that, he was apparently lower enlisted, so the odds of him being a graduate of some advanced gunnery school is pretty small. If I was on the jury, the prosecution would have lost me with this argument. It’s amazing they seemed to find 12 jurors with no basic understanding of how the military works. I will concede that the defendant’s Master Chief testified for the prosecution on this point, however, so it’s possible that there’s more to this story than we’re reading in the article.

Funny, where are all those “no bail” folks now? Or do they only appear when someone is arrested for murder?

6 Likes

Maybe ATF will use Adamiak as a scapegoat for the anti-2A’s to use him as an example to put him in a terrorist watch list.

3 Likes

This might fit into that category of: it’s easier to attack those who mean you no real harm, than it is to actually confront bad people that might hurt you.

8 Likes

“Since the ATF could convert the demilled RPG into a working device, Adamiak was charged with having a destructive device. The prosecutor claimed that he could have fired an anti-tank round.”

What happened to presumption of innocence?

Next week on The Minority Report

9 Likes

Yeah, that’s one of the points I was referring to, earlier.
Let’s say someone at ATF could use the powder from a box of 5.56 rounds to create a small bomb. Does that mean I should go to jail for making bombs?

8 Likes

Coulda, woulda, shoulda type of prosecution :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

@Ouade5 Great point indeed, SO if ATF took the demilled RPG from Adamiak, put it into operation and functioned when it was tested, then ATF SHOULD be the ones getting Charged for actually converting and having a functional destructive device.

5 Likes

Their rules, right?

4 Likes

@BeanCounter Right, it’s their rules. Seems like Adamiak was set up by ATF using a confidential informant. They plant weeds in their own back yard so they can pull them.

4 Likes

Jesus Wept.

I am seriously praying that the Republicans do take over in the mid terms. This is the scariest news report I have ever read, just due to the implications and precedent.

Something has got to give, this is pure craziness. Going to prison for what you could possibly do.

Taking nonfunctional weapons and repairing them and then convicting on he could of done this.

So, now we go from 1984 by George Orwell and they are tossing in some Minority Report (the Tom Cruise movie) (I actually feel ridiculous that I am putting in a disclaimer about “Minority Report” being a movie).

Owning a wet saw as proof he could have done something to something else.

Sort of glad I am not a handyman.

6 Likes

@Zavier_D You said it right. The only way ATF can solve all that they are after is REMOVE ALL OUR BRAINS! That way we can’t “could, might, or possibly can” do whatever. Turn everyone into ZOMBIES as SOON AS WE’RE BORN! :man_zombie: :fearful:

4 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, we were able to take the potato cannon from these high school students and mount it on a tractor. That means these students were trying to build tanks.

This is dangerous territory. Many innocent items could be used to commit a crime.
How many of us have knives or baseball bats in our house?

6 Likes

…or, a No. 2 pencil?

8 Likes