Air soft pistols for training at home

Does anyone use air soft pistols as a training/practice tool at home? Thoughts???

4 Likes

I have an airsoft pistol that I bought to test out as a training tool, but it has sat idle for a couple years. The trigger is so atrocious and unrealistic when compared to a “real” gun, I did not find that I was getting any meaningful benefit by using it and went back to dry firing.

2 Likes

I use a glock 19 bb gun to practice my draw and room clearing in my home… The trigger is super heavy and practicing a steady trigger squeeze on it has helped me with my trigger pull on the lighter trigger in my real Glock 19

4 Likes

When did you get that? I have a collection of Glocks and would love to be able to practice - quietly - at home.

3 Likes

I got mine at Dicks sporting goods but i did see them on Amazon also

1 Like

3 Likes

I have used a Glock 26 model weighted & sized bit ended up hardly using it. I don’t carry the Glock any longer but I still take it to the range. Good reliable pistol. Just really heavy being a double stack. I carried a Walther CCP & then my Ruger lc9s which I’ve carried for about 3 years. I do my
Home drills with snap caps

2 Likes

I’ve used Beretta APX BB-gun for practicing before I own my first firearm. But after few months I’ve started using laser cartridge with real firearm - that gives me quite good feeling of reality.
I use BB-gun from time to time at my basement if I want to hear “bum” while pressing the trigger (and have no time to drive to the range).

3 Likes

I liked the idea of this, but I’m looking into it I learned they require co2 cartridges that can’t be sent to my area.

:scream: really?
What about if you want to do your own sparkling water?

1 Like

walmart… cheapest solution i’ve found.

1 Like

I’m Pa?

1 Like

buy a carbonation tank. You can brew your own beer and use it too.

Yup.
Lived in PA for 30+ years.

Philly might have shipping restrictions but it’d be up to carrier and shop …

I’m wondering if they use the same CO2 cartridges… :thinking:

1 Like

I think the sodastream ones use bigger sizes (which are actually the same size as small paintball ones… and are refillable)

But airsoft & BB pistols use a tiny cartridge maybe 3 inches tall, and cannot be refilled as the co2 system in the pistol pierces the top of the cartridge…

I think some of the co2 “wine preserver” systems use the tiny ones… not more cost effective than the Crossman carts tho…

1 Like

Cindy and I do use them on occasion, we have a target and backstop we can set up in the house and work with a person in a quiet location. It is one of the higher priced air soft guns (about $150) but it has a working slide and decent trigger. It feels roughly like a 22 firing as to the perceived recoil, it’s also much safer with that scared new student you might be unsure of.
Bill

3 Likes

We have a Glock17, Sig P226, Walther PPQ and a AR15 airsoft guns. While we don’t. “train” with them, they are sure fun to play around with.

I did pull one out when my wife’s sister was here and having problems with pistol basics. It was sure a lot easier to pull the airsoft out and practice off the deck vs back on the range with hearing protection etc.

3 Likes

I believe so!

My pistols use green gas and my AR15 is battery operated (and full auto)

1 Like