Air Pistols?

I don’t have any air pistols myself, but I’m thinking of getting this one!

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/sig-sauer-p365-air-pistol/

Do you have an air pistol/BB gun in your collection? Which one(s)?

@Dawn I’ve been waiting for a promotional CO2 pellet pistol from SIG ARMS they were offering in July. I figured I wanted what they were selling so I’m willing to try out this business of a pellet gun being similar weight and functionals as ‘the real deal.’ If it is all that I’ll let you know. Though you may be letting me know before I do… Things like this seem to be slow like Molasses in New Hampshire in the Winter. (The last, just in case someone in SIG Fulfillment drop by for some idle reading.)

OBTW, about what they were selling: The SIG P226 with SRT in 9, 357 SIG, & 40 S&W? R O C K S!
(Like above, just in case someone in SIG Fulfillment…)

1 Like

I have an all metal 1911 replica airsoft pistol. Don’t remember who the maker is off the top of my head. It’s not super expensive. I think I paid maybe $30 for it.

1 Like

I have a single shot .177 pellet air rifle made by Crossman. It is a breach break to load which also pumps and cocks the weapon. It also came with both open sites and 4x 32 optics. The price at the time was around $165.00

I live in a town of about 10k people and obviously can not discharge a firearm within the city limits.
I also live about 1/2 mile from the river which runs through town. Raccoons, Possums and an occasional skunk finds its way into the neighbor hood looking for food trash left out improperly.

Ill let you put the two together and let you come up with the answer as to why I purchased the air rifle.

I have not regretted my decision.

1 Like

We have some Airsoft ones, but no pellet or BB. My plastic pellets bounce off of the local deer population and I can tell that they smile at me when looking in my general direction.

Many of these air guns are quite well made today. In regions of the world where a FIRE arm is illegal for personal use or ownership, they have no choice. They are quite authentic in heft and shoot quite well. I use my Walther CP88 against gophers and have racked up quite a few. One day I was out of town helping my sister burn down her house (too long a story for here) and left my fiancé at home with only that ‘weapon’ unlocked and available to her. An intruder had jumped over our massive wall and was sitting in our pool area. She opened the study door, holding that piece, and said to him, “do you want to get shot?” His reply told her everything. The swat team arrived and dragged him off. The cops asked to see the Walther. Clearly not a gun guy, he didn’t realize it was a BB gun. But when you call 911 and mention that you have a firearm, they definitely respond a lot differently! Anderson Cooper wanted to interview her (her son is a celebrity) but I said let’s let it drop—we don’t need the publicity.

1 Like

I have a Glock 17 air pistol. Made a small range in my shop. Ammo and co2 is cheap. The controls are identical and holsters work. Doesn’t replace live fire but certainly compliments it.

1 Like

Our son loves 1911s so we got him a Sig 1911 air pistol. He loves it and shoots it frequently. He’s already learned to draw and holster safely and manipulate the safety. It’s been really good for him.

1 Like

AC, the new Oprah…

2 Likes

I’ve got a RWS 177 rifle that puts a pellet downrange @1200 FPS.it too was bough (for my Dad who lived in town) for varmints in the garden. A .177 lead pellet at that velocity will definitely kill a groundhog @20 yards😏. Definitely NOT a toy.

1 Like

I have glock 19 made by Umarex , air soft. I think these things are great training tools. You can set up and do shoot house stuff anywhere. Want to learn to clear your house, get appropriate safety gear, then give your spouse an airsoft pistol. Now clear the house its like a nerf battle with a little more Zing to it. When I was training in Law enforcement we used them a lot in house clearing training and force on force training. There are limitations you just have to know that going in.

Jeff

1 Like

I want this