A blast from the past. The three best Rock and Roll songs from the 70s

Hotel California is areal life song about the music industry out there.

2 Likes

Boston was a very unique band founded by a EE Tom Scholz who dabbled in music and invented a number of electronic devices that created, the at the time, the unduplicable Sound of Boston.

When he first started out his father warned him stay away from music there is no future in music, be an engineer.

5 Likes

I didn’t know that and I’ve been a Boston fan for ever.

3 Likes

He’s an innovator and not many people know

2 Likes

OMG, this is a matter of opinion right? We was into the haevier dtuff when I was young, I mean Hotel California was a chick song, We were inyo Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, King Crimson, Mountain ( Mississippi Queen) was a good one and the James Gang wich was Joe Walsh’s band before the Eagles chick band, to many to list lol!

5 Likes

And sorry my phone text what it wants.

4 Likes

LOL we’re talking of 70’s music and I was too young for Deep Purple then. I was listening to what the chicks were digging at the time.

2 Likes

Actually as I got older I started letting chicks come over and bring their music and started listening to it with them ( as long as I was getting something outta it lol ) after a divorce, sum of it was OK at the time but Im a half sick old man and that was 20 yrs ago.

3 Likes

80’s music

3 Likes

Lynard Skynard

2 Likes

Good choices among many strong bands. All stretched the boundaries of the original 50’s & 60’s rock & roll innovators. Led Zeppelin’s “Stairway” sounded like Celtic/Brit/Euro folk music rearranged like classical music for electric instruments. Frampton’s polished and dynamic hit was recorded in 1976 and stands as one of the best selling live recordings ever. The original working title of the Eagles poetic and prophetic “Hotel California” was “Mexican Reggae” !

None of this processed, pitch corrected, drum machined, lyrically vacuous, soulless modern pop music can compare to those 70’s achievements. Stay armed and vigilant.

4 Likes

@Keith200 Welcome to our community, we are glad to have you with us. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Keith200

1 Like

Everyone will have a different top three, and many of us would be hard pressed to limit it to just three. As a guitarist who’d been playing Classic Rock professionally off and on since before it was “classic”, I can safely say my favorite song to play (and the one that gets the best cheer from the crowd when my band plays it these days) is Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd. I’ve been playing it live with a band since it was new. The solo at the end is by far my favorite guitar solo ever recorded. The solo at the end of Stairway to Heaven is a close second. So many great choices from those days. It’s sad that commercial music has devolved so far from what it used to be.

7 Likes

Everything listed is classic period.If I had to choose three songs…Ted Nugent Stranglehold…Sammy Hagar…Heavy Metal…AC/DC Highway to hell…I turned into a true Heavy Metal fan the eighties music ruled because of music like this.

3 Likes