5.56 and 9mm alternatives during ammo crisis

:smile: 2,000 rounds… that’s cute.

1 Like

These days, I shoot whatever is available.
On a recent trip to the shop, the conversation went something like this.

Me: “Can I get a box of .380?”
Them: “Sorry, we’re all out of 3.80.”
Me: “How about .45?”
Them: “No .45, we can’t get enough inventory.”
Me: “I don’t suppose you have 9mm?”
Them: “We have some, but we’re saving it for people buying new guns. If you want to buy a new gun, I can sell you 9mm.”
Me: “5.56?”
Them: “Not since last week. We’re expecting more soon, we hope.”
Me: “I don’t suppose you have any .30-06?”
Them: “Oh yeah, we have boxes and boxes of that. You want some?”
Me: “Yeah, sell me as much as you can of the low grain stuff, I don’t want to burst the only rifles I can buy ammo for.”

1 Like

WAS cute… 5 months ago… :anguished:
I saved some money last year… now it’s time to spend them.

Amazingly, these days, I’m ok with buying Turkish ammo for 70c per round… that was 2x unacceptable* 2 years ago :scream:

*: I’ve never liked Turkish ammo
*: 70 cents? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

.308 and .44 mag. If they don’t get it done shoot twice. If I look hard enough I can usually find. 40 s&w and .357 sig too. As for price, I don’t reload so I’m at their mercy.

1 Like

Went to my local, hole in the wall, gun shop in Salt Lake City yesterday. Basic FMJ target stuff. $65.00 per box. That’s got to be a world record. I have the exact same thing in my can with a $12.50 sticker on it. I couldn’t do it.

1 Like

Welcome to the family @Mike164 and you are blessed to be here.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m new here but I feel like I fit in.

1 Like

things SEEM to be improving??? well if ya don’t have or want an alt then???

2 Likes

It seems like things might be improving to some degree. In-store availability at brick-and-mortar stores is still rough but the prices online seem to be coming down. If you look on AmmoSeek.com you can find brass for $0.80 or less per round.

1 Like