40 year high U.S. inflation.

Only problem is, do you want Camel-toe or Bella Pelosi for president next?

4 Likes

There’s always a solution…none that are painless.
Can’t remove a tumor without cutting some flesh!
25th him, impeach her ( her public speaking is an impeachable offense ), by the time all is said and done it’s November 2024 and we pull the chair out from under her arse.
You don’t get to tear up a State of the Union Address without repercussions!

4 Likes

I’m just worried Sleepy Joe will die in office and get a state funeral with all the trimmings. Hell, he can’t even follow a red carpet seems like.

5 Likes

What is the dumbest thing one would do, given these options? How about the most criminal thing?

1 Like

They told you not to own a private home, not to eat meat, and get injected when you are told. Is that an employee talking to the boss?

6 Likes

We get the chance to fire them every 2 to 4 years but unfortunately the alternatives we are presented with to replace them are almost always equally if not more corrupt.

6 Likes

Straight from Joes mouth, yesterday.

"Joe Biden’s remarks, who said: “I will once more return to the hallowed ground of Yad Vashem to honor the 6 million Jewish lives that were stolen in a genocide and continue — which we must do every, every day — continue to bear witness, to keep alive the truth and honor of the Holocaust.”

But not to worry, he has his Card to read from…

4 Likes

@Shamrock - Has anyone heard of IMPEACHMENT… Any elected official can be Impeached.

3 Likes

with the demo’s in charge never going to happen. but an unborn child they will roast over an open fire pit.

4 Likes

Impeachment requires a majority of the other kleptocrats to charge and convict a member of their own cartel. Every once in a while they’ll offer up a sacrificial lamb to keep the peasants from picking up their pitchforks but in general they don’t want any light shed on the activities they almost all take part in.

4 Likes

Technically, they are simply employees who, in theory, the governed can dismiss (see the opening lines of the Declaration of Independence, quoted below). But, in the world in which we live, they are our rulers and overlords. Good luck removing any of them from office.

*We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security"

2 Likes

The solution is actually spelled out in the Declaration of Independence, a document we celebrate on the 4th of July and ignore the rest of the year. It is a right of the governed to alter, change or abolish the government they established. In fact, Jefferson describes it as a duty of the governed. But, the world we live in is one where the majority of Americans no longer do something as simple as color in a bubble on a ballot mailed to their home, so changing government is unlikely to happen in anyone’s lifetime.

*We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

4 Likes

Certainly, government won’t fix this in any sort of responsible manner. Individuals need to take actions to protect themselves and their property from the ravages of a hyperinflationary future. For example, I installed solar panels on my house, which eliminated my monthly electric bill since rate increases are closely tied to inflation and it allows me to charge an electric vehicle to get off the gasoline treadmill.

Plus, such investments come with significant tax credits, which means less of my money going to DC to fund those charlatans.

4 Likes

Take out the “almost “ and you’ll have a correct statement

4 Likes

We had the same plan here. Put the panels on last year and were going to get a plug-in hybrid this year. Unfortunately our family vehicle died last year during the chip shortage and we couldn’t find a plug-in anywhere that they weren’t asking almost $10k over sticker for. Had to settle for a regular hybrid which took several weeks of searching to track down.

At least we have some insurance against our electric bill going up.

3 Likes

I suspect you may be correct though I haven’t researched them all and wanted to give one or two the benefit of the doubt.

As much as I disagree with most of his proposals I think Bernie Sanders at least used to be an honest man despite decades in DC. I had several disagreements with him in public meetings when I lived in VT but he always stuck to his beliefs and didn’t profit off of his position. For his first 10 or so years in Congress he refused to sit with any of the other congressmen in the cafeteria because he knew they were all a bunch of crooks. He eventually learned he had to play nice with the crooks to get anything done.

Until he authored his best selling book he had exactly the amount of money a person living on a congressman’s salary should have. Unlike all the other DC officials who somehow become millionaires after their first couple years there.

He also wasn’t really anti gun and was pro secure borders until the squad took over his movement. Now he has caved to make all his positions align with the extreme left.

3 Likes

And today, the Usurper In Chief is talking about sending a trillion dollars (That’s a million millions folks) in aid to Iran. (You know, the country that habitually shouts “Death to America”.)

First of all, that seems like aiding the enemy to me. That should put them well within reach of a nuclear capable ballistic missle.

Secondly, printing up a trillion more dollars just for Iran, in a time when inflation is at a 40 year high, says “SCREW YOU” to every working (And retired) American that has scrimped and saved all their working life, by diluting the value of every single dollar.

WTF!!@!

5 Likes

How can we be so sure solar will hold up when China holds all the chips! If for some reason repairs are required, there’s only one source for parts, China. We are becoming exactly what both parties wanted, that’s the democratic and communist parties, slaves!

A year ago I considered solar, but my electric was so low that it wasn’t feasible! My wife brought it up again just last night. If we are EMP’d or nuked all bets are off anyway! One way or the other we are all screwed unless we follow said constitution! I was ready the day he lied on the Bible, now I’m just content to watch Rome burn from my lanai!

The sad part is, I’m ready, but I don’t have a patriot to the left of me nor to the right of me! They got us right where they want us! I’m no sheep, but I can’t be much of a lion without claws! Furthermore I need something to dig the claws into!

3 Likes

The status quo is to do nothing and enrich the monopoly electric providers who sell you power now. Of course, they generate their power with natural gas and coal, which go up in price as the market for gas does. The price of coal is a function of the price of rail transport, which is essentially driven by fossil fuel prices. Those increases get passed to consumers automatically through fuel adjustments. Do nothing and you enrich your local electric company and the chain of fossil fuel suppliers that drive your electric prices.

For me, my average monthly electric bill instantly jumped from $100 to $200 when the electric utility closed a working coal plant and replaced it with a natural gas plant to meet federal air quality mandates. Installing solar panels dropped my monthly bill (I’m still tied to the grid for now) to $9. It came with around $9,000 of federal tax credits and $7,000 of rebates to the Israeli – not Chinese – company that made the panels.

4 Likes

The sheepel know the sound of their master’s voice

3 Likes