.38 Specials

Has anyone any reviews on the Rock Island M200 and the 2 “Commanche II” .38 revolvers on the market? The “Commanche II” barrels look like Python designs with their 3" and 4" lengths - both makes look like a lot of gun for the $$, but how do they stand up to +P loads? It’s tough to keep up with the market these days.

1 Like

I’ve seen mixed reviews on the M200. For just a little more coin, you can get a Taurus(I forget the model number) that seems to be a good gun. Even a smith and Wesson JFrame 642/442 can be had for a good price.

2 Likes

Taurus 85 I think it is, is the .38 5 shot.

The Taurus is the .357

Both are nice… have looked at them both, but already have 2 .357s so have not found a good reason to spend more on another.

2 Likes

Saw a Taurus revolver for less than $350 today at my local big box store. I’ve heard a lot of good about them myself. I just don’t have a practical purpose for it.

I’d like to get a light weight LCR one day.

1 Like

I have ria revolvers the snubby & 3" (?) . nothing fancy, couple of plain janes but they both work. Nice weapon for the money. Cheap thrill i guess. Can use +p but not a steady diet of that. I know they’ve had some problems in the past. Lots of reviews on yt…

1 Like

Also just got email from palmetto arms Taurus 856. Can use +p. $350 happy new year deal

2 Likes

Don’t know anything about the Commanches, but the Rock Island’s reputation has improved over the years. I’d still stick with the Taurus 856. Great little revolver.

I personally have a Rock Island Model 206 .38 Special. That’s a sweet little snubby for the money. I really like it. I carry it for my Sunday morning concealed carry alternative when I can’t carry IWB because of my dress clothes like I normally do. I put it in an ankle holster on my leg. I can shoot +P loads through that as well, albeit there is a little more felt recoil.

3 Likes

FWIW, Charter Arms makes a decent .38 snub.