22lr for EDC

I know. I was also going to try and get some just to test them out.

I may buy some for Nancy for her Taurus but I will stick with Stingers and Velocitor for the 1022s. :thinking:

1 Like

I think you turned me on to the CCI’s. I then ended up obtaining some CCI’s, and found them now to be my favorite so far, and little to no getting stuck inside my cylinder upon ejecting.

For this Punch brand, I’ve never tried, but am interested. I wonder if the copper plating on my CCI’s helped reduce the sticking, and yielded in a cleaner cylinder; As when I fired lead non copper plated, the lead soiled my soiled immediately, and the casings got stuck. I even found some CCI’s in all copper, not just copper plated.

Can I press you for your views on grains for .22’s? Do you prefer lower grains, or higher grains, and why? Thanks.

1 Like

This is a very common statement by 22 promoters but what if we reverse it a little. So instead of volunteering or not what if someone gets drafted to be shot but they get to choose by which handgun round they are shot with?

If stuck in this hypothetical situation a 22 is right near the top of my list.

Use what you got or what you can handle but know it’s limitations and disadvantages. Very light bullets are more likely to deflect off bones unless they hit straight on and even then are more likely to stop short after hitting them. There was a time when I was forced to consider using a .22 as a self defense option. I Still have a brick or so of CCI velocitors left over from those days. But their are so many other options out there suitable for a variety of strength and skill levels.

1 Like

As for 22 for Defense … a big fist that never connects is not as effective as a small fist that connects every time. You may not imagine what age or injury will do to you, but I’d rather die with a 22 tucked in my depends, than unarmed because I couldn’t carry “the most effective caliber” … whatever that is.

4 Likes

I have hunted with CCI Stingers since the late 80s, I used it for Coyotes in the thick stuff and out to 75yds. Most shots were pass thru double lung shots, a few were straight on chest shots or head shots, all were deadly. I have 3 recovered bullets I was going to post but now I can’t find them. :roll_eyes:
I only use 32grn. Stingers and now 40grn. Velocitor in Nancy’s 1022 “house gun” w/Red dot, light and 25rnd. mag.
I was thinking back and I cannot remember ever having a misfire with CCI as so many are worried about
and I have fired thousands of Stingers thru 4 different 1022s, pistols and revolvers. :+1:

3 Likes

I also cannot remember having a failure with CCI. I can remember a fair amount of failures with the other brands I have tried.

2 Likes

Love it Jack. New meaning to “inside the waist band”. Not there yet, but I should save the idea. :joy:

Thanks all, liking my CCI’s even more.

2 Likes

CCI Mini Mags are great, but my favorite 22LR’s are Fiocchi, I have never had a problem with Fiocchi (22FHVCRN) 40 grain High-velocity CPRN 22LR, Muzzle Velocity: 1255 F.P.S. Muzzle Energy: 140 ft.-lbs. I carry a Beretta Bobcat 21A for EDC with the Fiocchi ammo, sometimes it’s my bug & other times primary, but I never leave home with out it.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Now that’s an image. I worked 3 days in a nursing home for certification because I wanted to go to med school. Then my son was conceived. Gave up becoming a doctor to support my family.

1 Like