21-year-old man shot by homeowner during break-in, airlifted to hospital,

4 Likes

We can always hope that what didn’t kill him made him…smarter

2 Likes

Honestly, sounds like it may be a problematic shooting. From reading the article he was outside the house and had broken a window to get in. Will come down to DA and how he views it.

1 Like

According to the release, Parker attempted to force his way into the home again, threatening the residents as they called for help.

Intent to harm people seems clear

1 Like

Airlifting is not cheap. This may be the most expensive job the hood ever pulled.

1 Like

Intent, but ability. Don’t get me wrong, I am in no way on the bad guys side. I hope the homeowner doesn’t get put through the spin cycle.

2 Likes

Z, I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately the bulk of the burden falls on the firearm owner to prove his life was in jeopardy. Hoping this guy comes out of it well!

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

What wasn’t clear to me is, was Mr. Parker inside the house when he was shot? Woulda/coulda/shoulda, I’ve been trained that proving self-defense is always easier if the perp in inside your house. But I’m not criticizing the homeowner at all, he did what he had to do to keep him and his loved one safe. He deserves a good outcome from the legal system.

1 Like

There should be a law that says if you break into someone’s home and get shot because YOU committed a crime then the state/county WILL NOT take you to the hospital leaving you to die.

It should be called " The home invasion tax bill"., tax payers will not pay for your ignorance. No helicopters, No ambulance, No public transportation from the state period.