Why do you carry? ~ Kevin Michalowski

Crazy people with bad I intentions, or sane people with bad I intentions . I might be in their path. Oh, and I don`t have a security detail like Bloomberg to carry for me.

7 Likes

Find someone you are comfortable, @Dawn and @Zee can recommend some great women’s groups, and now you have a reason to raid your husband’s toys :innocent:

3 Likes

I have a small round sticker that says “I carry a gun because a cop is to heavy”.

6 Likes

I feel great to hear other people sharing their views, desires, the perseverance to be
their best in their responsibilities’ to carry a firearm.

I read in this community that people really take time to stay sharp, make a great
afford to follow the laws and rules on carrying a firearm, and must not forget about
how well everyone seeks to protect their families and friends.

I just had to find out and learn that carrying a firearm is necessary and a responsible
ART Work, not just away to keep the slack out of your gun belt and keep your pants from falling around your knees. Everyone here is better that a cup of coffee and are priceless.

3 Likes

I carry because life is a valuable thing and there are evil people in this world that want to take it away from others. I carry to protect the lives of those around me, should the need arise.

3 Likes

I carry because it’s safe and you never know what you may encounter. Carry is becoming a everyday thing and rightfully so crime rate would decrease that is what I believe. USCCA keep up the good work!!

4 Likes

Retired PD. I’ve not gone anywhere without my firearm since I was 24 years old. I’m now 65 and not near the half bad ass I was when younger (I was pretty darn good, but not a true BA like an Operator). The one person who sums up best as to why we carry is John Lovell. He has great video’s on You Tube and a FB site. Warriorpoetsociety.us. Check out his video’s. He has done some training video’s for USCCA. I carry to protect myself, my family, my Church family and those who cannot protect themselves. The firearm is not always your first go to when it comes to protecting others. Deadly force, go to guns. In many other instances, your brain is your best tool. Most important thing is to train, be aware of what is happening around you, have a plan and always carry. Don’t be that person who the one time you need a firearm, you left it at home or in your vehicle.

7 Likes

Due to a hunting accident I have spoken of in another thread, and the permanent damage it caused, I can’t fight or run from a threat to my life. This is why I carry. I refuse to be an easy target for someone looking to cause me harm.

7 Likes

I carry for several reasons. The first is the understanding that in an immediate threat, I am the only one who can defend me. The police will most likely not be there.
The second reason is, it is my constitutional right. I remember as a kid I planned on carrying when I was an adult,
Third, I am proudly a USCCA instructor. I think if I am going to teach it, then I had better practice it.
My students know that I carry.

3 Likes

I carry for several reasons.

I carry because life is valuable and there are evil people in this world who want to take it. I hope that I never need to but if the need should arise I would be there to protect life. My family, my friends, and even random people on the street don’t deserve to be gunned down by a lunatic with a firearm on a killing spree, no one does.

I carry because of tyrranical governments. I have seen in the news and know people who have lived through terrorist attacks perpetrated by governments. I can trace ancestors who have fought in the American Revolution and the civil war for the North. I even have a great uncle who signed the Declaration of Independence.

I carry because it is my right to do so. If I want to walk out of my house with an AR15 slung over my back I can. I don’t but that’s ok too. I live in a country where it’s legal to do so, for now anyway.

And lastly, I carry because I like guns. They’re fun to shoot, in legal and controlled situations, and it’s a great hobby.

5 Likes

I carry because no matter where you live, whether in be in a lower income blue collar neighborhood or an upper class neighborhood with million dollar homes, there is good and bad everywhere. I would rather have the ability to protect my family and not need it than to need it and not have it.

3 Likes

And then we have wonderful stories like these!

3 Likes

I actually have no words after reading that article. My parents weren’t exactly rich, but I didn’t go to school in my birthday suit either…

3 Likes

I carry because I’m a husband.

I carry because I’m a dad.

I carry because the average response time for a 9-1-1 call is 10 minutes and the crime has usually been committed by the time police arrive.

5 Likes

My wife eas held up at gunpoint in ou driveway. Got my cc permit and some good training! I hope I never need it, but will if necessary.

8 Likes

I guess my decision came from a culmination of things that transpired in my life. Being held at gunpoint by my husband when I was 20, my son’s father being murdered, working with felony juvenile offenders and learning how they think and how they don’t care what they do to another person, and finally (I guess that final straw) is the unrest in our world right now. We’ve gone from not one weapon in our house and in a month’s period now have six, cameras, and alarms. We live out in the middle of nowhere and I’m home alone 90% of the time when I’m not working. The closest house is a quarter mile away. The sheriff takes 15 minutes to get to our location. I’ve been going to a lot of training to help me gain and hone the skills I have.

5 Likes

We’ve had opposite lives, Jennifer. Be safe. I’m sure that others would join me and be interested in hearing any details about these situations that you would like to share. I’ve been in one hold up, but was away from the person with the firearm. That was scary enough.

4 Likes

It’s actually scary how alot of kids have this very amoral and nihilistic view of people.

6 Likes

The situation with my husband was that he always placed the gun against my head as a threat. I always kept calm which always angered him further. He’d then push my head with the gun. The last time he did it, I called 911 with the gun still at my head. I told the operator. She stayed on the phone with me to hear what was going on. This was back in the early late 80’s early 90’s so no cell phones. When the police arrived, he threw the gun in my lap in hope the police would just shoot me for having the gun. The police just told him to sleep it off somewhere else and that he could come home the next day so we could talk about it. He left and I packed my 1 year old son up and all my belongings and left.

As far as my middle son’s father being murdered. I was not around when it happened. He was shot in the back of the head by a friend over $1500. Come to find out later that someone else had actually placed a hit on him over an argument he had gotten into with someone a few weeks prior.

I don’t work with felony juveniles any longer. There were some really good kids, but there was a good percentage that made national headlines. After I stopped working with them, I sat and counted how many of them murdered another individual. I had ten clients in my car at one time or another that had previously, currently, or later committed murder. I don’t think most officers can even say that. I was just a mental health counselor who went into their homes to help them try to have a better life. I’ve been in homes where guns were being fired in the street. As I’m saying this, I live in the midwest. I don’t live in any of the larger metropolitan areas.

3 Likes

It is very scary. Talking to them won’t change their minds and most of them are not afraid of a gun. We were able to help a good bit of them. Get them into college and help them find jobs, but the ones that were bound to go to prison no matter what we did, there was nothing we could do or say to help them.

2 Likes