Why do you carry? ~ Kevin Michalowski

That has to be an interesting experience… kinda wish it were true here. Just because Missouri. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

It is sad that it has become a way of life because of the cartels, but I am glad you have the opportunity to defend yourself if the need arises! I remember when I was stationed at Fort Hood we were told that El Paso was off limits to soldiers and that Fort Bliss was under a strict curfew.

7 Likes

I too was stationed at Ft Hood in 1968-69 after a year in Vietnam. A helicopter mechanic on the Cobra. I’m from San Antonio so it wasn’t a bad drive home for a long weekend. When were you there?

Al

5 Likes

I was there from 2007-2010. I was in Mosul Iraq from 08-09.

4 Likes

Thanks for your service. Welcome home!!

4 Likes

@James,

Thanks for your service, sir!

God bless you!

3 Likes

I carry because I refuse to rely solely on someone else to protect myself and my family. A sheriff visiting our neighborhood watch group meeting told us, “You can’t rely on us for quick response. Unless you are lucky, the nearest deputy, if available, is likely 10 minutes away. You need to have a way to defend yourself.” I’m an options guy, and my firearm is one of the tools I use to ensure the safety of the ones I love.

7 Likes

Having kids was one of the major reason Tim Schmidt started the USCCA. He realized he was their first protector and wanted to make sure he was doing everything he could to protect them.

I started carrying when my kids were much older, but they’re the reason I carry.

10 Likes

My decision to carry happened immediately while watching the Ferguson, Missouri riots and local, state and federal law enforcement “standing down” instead of enforcing the law. I am now responsible for my own security.

9 Likes

Mine happened due to evil existing in this world. You never know when those who are up no good are going to cross your path that wish to do you harm. Someone threatening your life while working a part time job had a factor in the decision as well.

7 Likes

i carry because the way the country is today you have to protect yourself and your family, I also took an oath to protect the constitution and country so I will fight if I have to.

7 Likes

Thank you so much, sir!

5 Likes

For self, family, and property protection.

4 Likes

I’ve carried for 50 years for many of the stated reasons. Today, at 83, I carry because I’m too old to fight, too tired to run, hate knives and carrying a club would be too obvious.

11 Likes

Bruce,I’m in the SAME boat as you, retired C O , due to fight at work, I also carry concealed because of what I learned, experienced, and saw 1st hand. Times have changed and for the most part not for the better

8 Likes

I have no delusions of grandeur about carrying a firearm. As a retired police officer I know how many situations can spiral out of control very quickly. I also recognize that carrying will allow me to show more patience in situations where I might otherwise be more likely to engage in stupidity or bravado.
I carry to protect myself and my loved ones. I am prepared with the mindset that I must remain vigilant at times when others are running away from the threat. I teach firearms skills and tactics to share the knowledge I have learned from many years of carrying and constant training.

6 Likes

Thank you for your service

3 Likes

I have carried ever since Texas made it legal. Maybe before then, but we won’t discuss that. I lived in Europe on 2 occasions when terrorism was a threat and I was always uncomfortable that I couldn’t defend myself. Once I returned to the U.S., I fixed that problem. Carrying is a lifestyle that I adhere to everywhere it is legal.

7 Likes

The reason I decided was so that I am able to protect myself .
FB_IMG_1579693166863

12 Likes

Bc I can and kneeling in submission and begging for my life is not an option.

3 Likes