Who saves money to take classes?

The problem is called Adrenalin. All those classes and money spent might help if you’ve really developed some good muscle memory or subconscious response ability. Sort of like marital arts. I’ve got 16 years of martial arts under my belt and yet for the last 10 haven’t been doing much with it due to my age and condition. Some things just don’t work like they used to. So my reaction time and training is pretty much out the window.
But I spend lots of time in the back yard, probably at least 3 times a week shooting steel. Or golf balls or horse apples (LOL!) That’s the trick building a subconscious response. Because if you get in a “situation” that you didn’t start and have control over, you’ll find that all those things you think you learned, you didn’t.

3 Likes

You are preching what our class instructor said to us-one thing that is different Steve states. you have a better chance of doing things in way to safe your life, family or other. if you train and practice what you learn

4 Likes

I enjoy an annual membership that allows me to shoot as often as I want with no additional charges. Of course, that could change, but for now it’s sweet. As for training, I don’t have a budget, I just sign up. Maybe I should look into budgeting; sounds prudent, but I just have not disciplined myself to do it. Shame on me for the lack of frugality in that connection.

5 Likes