Where o where to find teaching facilities

Hi got most of my gear, my training instructor certification, my LLC and Insurance, and my website under construction. But, “Where O Where can I find a place to train people”

Most indoor ranges have agreements with other instructors,
I’ve tried looking into Firehouses, VFW’s, And Hotels none of which will work either because they were too expensive, or gave me an excuse like being a non-profit. My range, which is one of the largest in New Jersey won’t allow me to train unless all the proceeds go to them.

So anyone got Ideas on what I can try to round up a facility so I can post training on the website?

1 Like

Not sure of the prices for monthly rent any longer, but in our market you can rent “Office Space” that is shared. Part of the space you get access to is a conference room with a large table, screen, projector, etc. A company I worked for did this and you just have to sign up for the conference room in advance.

I don’t know if you want to go to that expense each month. Back in 2015 my business partner paid about $360 a month for a private office, ability to use the conference room, and the main phone line was staffed with a receptionist that took messages for each business during regular business hours and directed people to the private office. This would only work if you were holding several classes each month. Probably not a great option but it is there if you can’t find anything else.

2 Likes

Thanks, Here in NJ that gets me about 5 hours of conference room time.

2 Likes

Sorry I didn’t have something better. Have you considered a church, our’s rents out space to different organizations? I’m sure though in today’s market they aren’t much cheaper than any other place you have tried.

1 Like

Oh, I like the Church hall idea! And you can offer a special rate to the parish members!

What about a library or bank, @Frank? I know both usually have meeting rooms that they rent out?

1 Like

Many businesses who put on Seminars, or special type events rent hotel meeting rooms. Many rooms can be split in half with the room dividers they have there already. That’s where I would call first whatever town you live in. If you could assure the hotel you are not a one-timer and could get maybe a 12 time maybe they would put together a better package for you. I’m a retired Funeral Director/Embalmer, we couldn’t at my funeral home because we were to busy but other less busy funeral homes rent their basements out. I know of a funeral home who rented their facility out for a small wedding reception. I don’t know why a newly married couple would rent a funeral home out but they did. I think you have a lot of unexplored resources to tap still. Maybe a Union Hall?, those meetings are normally only once each month! Mason Hall?

1 Like

Thanks for the Ideas, much appreciated I’ll keep you all informed.

3 Likes

Please do @Frank! I’m sure there are other instructors running into similar situations. :slight_smile:

2 Likes