What if you just “witnessed” a self-defense shooting? What do you do in the moment?

In a related topic. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s really tough to decide. Main reason to NOT get attorney to be involved is the money. Otherwise, think about this:

• you are called in to testify as a witness to a crime in the Court. As a witness you must answer sometimes stupid or weird questions from both sides’ attorneys. You may be taken into the trap with those questions to jeopardize your answers and make you look like a liar.
  • sometimes giving too much information, even you think it’s right, can put you into the situation that you favor one site of the conflict.

Maybe I’m paranoid at this moment… but I’ve already witnessed similar situation when people trying to help during car accident were sued because of their act of humanity. :pensive:
You may think you are doing right and just… but there are other people who use your fairness and honesty against you. :confused:

3 Likes

Thanks for the link. I should have looked for a similar post first.

4 Likes

Hopefully @moderators can merge them.

3 Likes

Got a smart phone, take a video like everyone else. If the fuzz reads you your rights keep your beak closed.
Are we ( assuming ) the shooter was in the right ( who ever they may be ) :question:

1 Like

And when talking to the police, avoid using the word Fuzz. Or heat or screw.

3 Likes

Sorry, I have a Fuzz buster for radar but I don’t have to use it cause the fuzz use my shooing rang all year long, they like being called fuzz. I have a gun also but it’s for fun.
I have clips for my firearms also you see.

4 Likes

If you are going to be questioned or give a statement to the police I think I would strongly consider getting representation.

5 Likes

Good question. I’ll stay tuned. A few other posts cross reference.

1 Like

Somebody is not paying attention… :joy:

3 Likes

Better safe than…! In a situation where you have to ask, or don’t know, you probably should talk to a lawyer. IMO.

2 Likes

Again. == what if the shooter was in the wrong ( who ever ) the shooter was :question::question::question::question::question::question:
Can you hear me now :question::question::question:

I was gonna ask if you have a VW Mircobus with Peace signs painted on it. I have heard the word 'Fuzz" to describe the police since bell bottoms were in fashion. But I will say “Cheese it! its the heat” once in awhile. And yes, I do call my pistol a 'Roscoe" from time to time.

2 Likes

THANK GOODNESS FOR FLASHBACKS ( good ones anyway )

2 Likes